Faked Image: Possible Leak of a New Warp Spiders Box

Hi all,

Spotted the following thread pop up on Reddit that looks to be a new box of Warp Spiders: 

And image embedded here for anyone who doesn't use Reddit:

image.jpeg.4233d17e202d952324a7df6c4121d876.jpeg

As usual it's the comically blurry potato cam style, but still looks to be enough detail to determine these aren't the old minis.

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

I like the (incredibly blurry) pose of the Exarch but the others seem to have a very similar narrow walking pose? It looks like they have gained a topknot or crest or something similar? I hope we get some more detailed images soon. This image has made me a little nervous about the direction they are taking them. In my opinion the recent Aeldari output has been magnificent so I'm not overly worried but still... I crave reassurance.... :laugh:

On one hand, GW sending out the new kit to someone who ordered the old one (probably because of automated warehouse errors) wouldn't be the first time. Thats how Dante leaked for example. Also Warp Spiders have been up on the rumour list for a while now and after the other Aeldari aspect refreshes it also wouldn't be surprising.

On the other hand, why this blurry of a picture? That looks like its taken through a window with little light but then the box itself looks perfectly lit? Also with the other aspects GW has been pretty faithful in their armour colour. Meanwhile these look wuite a bit brighter than the older Warpspiders. Looks more like the Guardians red instead of the darker Warp Spider red.

Also, looking at other aeldari boxes, the unit name on the box looks thicker than normal.

Edited by Matrindur

Part of me thinks that GW must send out a super blurry camera with every warehouse error for people to photograph these things with. Either that or GW packaging has some kind of active camouflage to baffle modern camera phones. It's got beyond a coincidence at this point. :teehee:

Possibly AI but doesn't look like it.

They seem to have lost the spiderman part of their look. The poses look a little less dynamic looking than the old ones.

Edited by grailkeeper

Those other 4 spiders seem to be 2 poses duplicated. Not a big fan of that. It's one of the things that I absolutely hate about Blood Bowl teams. I don't like that about the Striking Scorpions either. It's lazy. Just make each model unique. 

Also, who would actually take a deliberately bad picture. If it's actually genuine, which I doubt, it has happened too many times now for it not be a picture from GW itself. 

Just show the models off on WarCom, there's no need to fake these stupid leaks. Just show us the damn models.. it will generate far more genuine interest from people. 

I honestly tire of GW keeping development secret for as long as they do.. 

I remember back in the day being able to actually take tours of the design studio when visiting Warhammer World in Nottingham. 

Edited by TheWarmaster

That bluriness and dirt-on-lens looks like a specific filter. There's several sites online which do "old analog photo" filtering of this kind, for example, by layering. The way center blue field's gradient is pixelated / harshly graded also speaks to me of a processing algorithm of some kind.

It absolutely screams "fake" or at the very least deliberate obscuring of the box.

Somebody had this at home, top border is definitely a keyboard. There's no way they took that bad of a photo for a leak.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

Another user has posted this image: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/s/7SedHCznkT

Same background elements, even the same reflection at the top caused by the keyboard. So it looks like this is a photo manipulation.

I'll hold my hands up that I got caught by a fake and will subit a report to ask for the thread to be locked.