=] EVENT: Call to Arms 2024 - Heretic Astartes [=

large.Announcement.png.9fa0157ff9fc707c8

Greetings Lords, Ladies, Sorcerers, Apostles, Champions, Warp Smiths, Masters, Mistresses, Princes, Princesses and Other Entities Favoured by the Warp

After a highly successful event last year, @Grotsmasha has organized the Call to Arms for 2024!  The rules are pretty much the same as last time and It is to run from June 15 to September 15.  Check out the full event rules here..

This time, the forum is split up into 4 Strongholds: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos and Heresy (which includes the various even more miniature games set in that setting) with all 4 factions competing against one another to paint the most in the 3 months time limit. Also like last year, there will be a Central hub thread for each of the Strongholds in the WIP Section which I will link once it's live.

Like last year, I intend to act as Chaos cheerleader and help recognize the chaos participants hard work and keep people motivated.  It was a load of fun for all involved, so I highly recommend you pitch in if you have any chaos models in your pile of shame.

If you've got any questions, give one of the Mods a shout! :happy:

As I am not a fan of the Traitor guard box, I am thinking of assembling an Ash Waste Nomads squad and use them as Traitor Guard instead. Where supposed to be cultists, but now when they lost their autoguns I decided that they will be traitor guard instead when playing. No one plays Necromunda here, and I always wanted to paint a squad of them. Is that ok for Call to Arms?

And a question is there any mention if/how Iron Warriors have any specific colour on their cultists/traitor guard/slaves uniforms? I even can'tremember what the regiments loyal to Iron Warriors during the Horus Heresy was named.

Cpt.Danjou?

Posted (edited)

Yes, those are fine on two counts:

a)  if you are modelling them and painting them as chaos cultists, they are chaos for CtA purposes.  So, for example, my genestealer cultists that I very minimally converted and painted for my chaos army would be fine as chaos units for CtA.

b)  and even if a) was not true, anybody can paint any necromunda models however they like and pledge them to whatever faction they want - they are wildcards that way, just like terrain is.

Hope that helps and really looking forward to seeing yours in the event!

As for what to name them, sorry but nothing comes to mind for me.  Another place for naming inspiration (like for most things Iron Warrior) is the old Storm of Iron book if you can get a hold of it - its not bad and it did have human cannonfodder units, though I don't recall if they had any particular name(s).

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

32 minutes ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

As I am not a fan of the Traitor guard box, I am thinking of assembling an Ash Waste Nomads squad and use them as Traitor Guard instead. Where supposed to be cultists, but now when they lost their autoguns I decided that they will be traitor guard instead when playing. No one plays Necromunda here, and I always wanted to paint a squad of them. Is that ok for Call to Arms?

And a question is there any mention if/how Iron Warriors have any specific colour on their cultists/traitor guard/slaves uniforms? I even can'tremember what the regiments loyal to Iron Warriors during the Horus Heresy was named.

Cpt.Danjou?

Did some looking around and the Selucid Thorakites were raised from Olympia and worked with the Iron Warriors during the Great Crusade/Heresy. Granted those are full on Solar Auxilia and not just cultists but could be an interesting place to start.