=] Call to Arms 2024 Rally Point: Tyranids [=

Posted (edited)

large.XenosTyranids.png.ea68e7b219281e4e

What is The Call to Arms, I hear you ask?

The Call to Arms is a new multi-forum event designed to encourage us all to start a new army, or bolster our current armies.

The Forums of the B&C are divided up into four Strongholds; Imperium, Chaos, Xenos, and Heresy.  For the next three months the 8 Forums of the Xenos Stronghold will be competing to claim Victory over the other Xenos Forums, with all four Strongholds being compared at the conclusion of the Event.

There are two categories for Victory in both the Forums and Strongholds, the Forum/Stronghold who has painted the most points worth of models, and the Forum/Stronghold with the highest % of completion (Participants vs Completions).

Full Rules and Place your Vow =>  The Xenos Stronghold

Start Date: 15th June 

End Date: 17th September

How do I join in?

Models for The Call to Arms have been allocated a point value based around their size, the time they take to paint, and the amount of effort generally taken to paint them, this is why some models of different sizes appear in the same categories, and why Characters are worth more.

The below list should cover every model for the Tyranids;

1pt    Horm/Term/Neuro/Barbagaunt, Gargoyle, Genestealer, Pyro/Biovore, Spores

2pts   Ripper Swarms, Warriors, Lictor, Von Ryan/Deathleaper, Venom/Zoan/Neurothropes, Ravenors

3pts   Hive/Tyrant Guard

5pts   Tervigon, Exo/Toxicrene, Maleceptor, Haruspex, Tyrannofex, Tyrannocyte, Carnifex, Screamer Killer, Psychophage

7pts   Harpy, Hive Crone

8pts   Dimacheron 

5pts    Leader and Unit Composition: 1 OR Epic Hero, Broodlord, Tyranid Prime, Neurotyrant

10pts Swarmlord, Winged/Hive Tyrant

Terrain

1pt    3 Munitorum Barrels, 4 Munitorum Crates, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Column, Octarius Ramshackle Bridges

2pts   Aegis Defence Line Section, Aegis Defence Platform, Galvanic Servo-haulers, Thermic Plasma Conduit Section, Imperialis Ruins Wall Section, Zone Morialtis/Gallowdark Wall, Octarius Scrap Heap/Barricade

3pts   Fronteris Vox Antenna, Fronteris Auspex Shrine, Thermo-exchanger Shrine, Octarius Oil Rig, Necromunda Fuel Tanks

4pts   Munitorum Container, Mechsnicus Transterrsnic Gantry, Galvanic Servo-crane, Big'ead Bossbunka, Skull Alter, Noctilith Crown, Octarius Ramshackle Walls

5pts   Tidewall Droneport, Tidewall Shieldline, Feculant Gnarlmaw, Miasmic Malignifier

6pts   Fronteris Landing Pad, Mechanicus Forgeshine, Mechanicus Galvanic Magnavent

8pts   Fronteris Hab Bunker, Manufactorum Administratus,

10pts Zone Morialtis Gang Stronghold

Note: Custom/Scratchbuilt terrain- use this list as a guide as to how many points tour terrain is worth, but please make sure to mention your terrain is custom when Vowing.

All points are per model. For example if you pledge 20 Termagaunts(1ptx20), 3 Ravenors(2ptsx3), a Tervigon (5pts), and a Winged Hive Tyrant (10pts), your vow would be worth 41pts

If you have any questions or queries, or there's a model you want to paint but isn't listed, just @Grotsmasha and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Please feel free use this thread as a place to share your thoughts, ideas, and WIPs throughout the Event to motivate and inspire the Tyranids, and the Xenos to Victory!!!

Full Rules and Place your Vow =>  The Xenos Stronghold

Edited by Grotsmasha

Going to check the rules and see how far ahead I can prep for this. PLanning to do as much of my nid backlog as I can.

In the spawning pool I have:
Leviathan box
Anhalation Swarm bundle
Space marine boardgame
and some odd kits.

Might also break my no new model rule for the year to get a special model printed for event... maybe.

On 5/12/2024 at 4:01 AM, Grotsmasha said:

Up to single colour primed. If doing larger items (tanks) in subassemblies, multicolor prime is ok, but starting pics should show the subassemblies :thumbsup:

Yup, going to get my many many MANY, number of guants at least pieced and primed. The bigger ones I still need to plan out.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I've got most of the vow primed and started working on some of the models. It's been a while since I painted these so I have to re-learn the colours. 

Seems I need a dual coat to get the shade I'm wanting to get for the red. The green is easy (ork flesh on black) I'll get more details later. 

For the Neurolictor (this version) is to do the leg camoflaging to the rock/ground with what is above in the hive fleet colours. 

I have three different versions of them and it's just it stepping down off the rock. I secured a trade to pay for the other two prints later with the 'off rock' rock version being the camo green my normal lictors are already.

Sorry for the poor lighting and mess. It's how I work.

20240620_200450.thumb.jpg.af185832a2bad6f6e142488caf5ca52e.jpg 

• 4 weeks later...

A small update (no pict) as I have been painting, just not as much as I'd like.

Anyway, the above models are basically done, I've also got the pyrovore, 5 barbguants, 5 neuroguants and pyshcophage pretty much done. I just need to do thier teeth but my white dried out on me (top popped open and I didn't notice for a few days). I was able to stop by the FLGS yesterday and got a replacement so I have lots of teeth to paint. 

Also on deck is the screamer killer and 5 more termaguants, once those are done the next set I'm looking at is the Nuerotyrant and van ryan leapers.

Just been hard to sit down and paint as things irl have been 'interesting' and keeping motivated has been hard. But I plan to at least get this vow done.