3 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

I'm starting to think my Catachan Face Eater prediction for an earlier rumour engine pic might not be so crazy now.....

But, I seem to remember that the original plan for Warhammer Quest after Blackstone Fortress was to alternate between AoS and 40K. After Blackstone Fortress we had Cursed City so we are due (if that was true) a new 40K Warhammer Quest. I reckon that's what the new weird aliens are for.

Or, Catachans....

My first thought went to 40k Warhammer Quest too, but I dont think they ever do those flying stands in those type of games right ?

Definitely part of the new Necromunda stuff. I think that's part of the reveals I'm looking forward to the most.

I not sure GW is in a hurry to do another warhammer quest game, not after the trials they had with cursed city.

6 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Plastic melee weapons for HH would be neat but worried it might be a disappointment after some of the other kits. 

My ideal would be a power weapon set and a charnabal set. Assuming there'll be power weapons only :(

I'm hoping the melee weapons release will mirror the heavy weapons and special weapons setup, with 3-4 sets (e.g. power weapon set, charnabal set, chain weapon set). The heavy weapons sets are brilliant and really take advantage of 2.0's modularity. If it's just one of the old resin packs translated into plastic I'll be very disappointed.

Given we've had to wait nearly two years since launch for what feels like a vital part of the plastic line, I hope they've put the effort into this release.

27 minutes ago, Marshal Loss said:

I'm hoping the melee weapons release will mirror the heavy weapons and special weapons setup, with 3-4 sets (e.g. power weapon set, charnabal set, chain weapon set). The heavy weapons sets are brilliant and really take advantage of 2.0's modularity. If it's just one of the old resin packs translated into plastic I'll be very disappointed.

Given we've had to wait nearly two years since launch for what feels like a vital part of the plastic line, I hope they've put the effort into this release.

That would be awesome. I think my concern is that the heavy weapon packs are awesome but then there's the command squad. Fear and disappointment I feel are well lined up. We'll see this weekend but I'm not raising my hopes. Huge opportunity that'll hopefully be fulfilled.

Posted (edited)

So it would be awesome if it was a collection that included chain swords, axes, and various power weapons, as well as bolt pistols and maybe some exotic pistols for the leaders. After the command squad upgrade pack gave us power swords and shields I kinda started to worry that it would be bolt pistols and chain swords and like 1 power weapon. 

Edited by Marshal Mittens

Posted (edited)

Random (wishlist) idea: With ad-mech on the horizon, what are the chances we get a dark mech/mechanicum army box in the preview, like they did with pretty much the release of every new "staple" thing (mk6-mk3-solar aux). Plastic Thallax and Castellax, with a Thanatar and Triaros. With added Atropos and Moirax in the second wave.  

A man can dream....

Edited by Matcap86

1 hour ago, Mogger351 said:

Or you know.... chain axe/swords and pistols not locked into the assault squad would be good too.

Fair, I think having a couple of boxes with:

- Power/ chain

- power/ charnabal

wouldn't be asking too much. Fingers crossed...

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Matcap86 said:

Random (wishlist) idea: With ad-mech on the horizon, what are the chances we get a dark mech/mechanicum army box in the preview, like they did with pretty much the release of every new "staple" thing (mk6-mk3-solar aux). Plastic Thallax and Castellax, with a Thanatar and Triaros. With added Atropos and Moirax in the second wave.  

A man can dream....

The only reason I'd be sceptical about seeing Mechanicum so soon is Solar Auxilia only releasing last month. It just feels a bit soon for that, even though we know they'll almost certainly be be coming this year. The Mark 3 update was teased at WarhammerFest in May last year, but didn't get a full reveal until September. 

Now I've said this, it will definitely be a Mechanicum boxset reveal of course and I do hope I'm wrong. The presence of Necromunda - who also got a teaser at the last reveal stream - probably raises the odds.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Posted (edited)

Given something mech related got a preview last time you have to assume something more substantial this time even if we dont see the models themselves. 

Im guessing the melee weapons will get sprung on us at this point so might not even show up in a preview depending on how much time each range gets, we might just get a few small things and roadmaps for example. 

Im hoping they are organised sets to some degree, like 5/10 pairs of chainsword/bolt pistol plus some oddiments to fill for squads and then something like one of each power weapon, with pistols and charnabal bits to taste as another, possibly sold in pairs? I dont think we will see squads of chainaxes but that would be nice.

Edited by Xenith

Posted (edited)

My uneducated guess is that if it's just the one box it'll be 10 Chainswords, 10 Bolt Pistols, then 5 Power Axes, 5 Power Mauls and maybe 5 Power Lances or Heavy Chainswords. No Power Swords because of the Sergeant sprue and upcoming Command Squad. 

If I wanted to be really cynical, cut the Chainswords and Bolt Pistols down to 5. 

If it's multiple boxes, I could see it being 15/20 Chainswords and Bolt Pistols, maybe with 5 Heavy Chainswords thrown in. Then a separate box for multiple Power Weapons and another for Charnabals - these could then have a spread of a few different Pistols.

Edited by Lord Marshal

On 5/6/2024 at 10:20 PM, Cryptix said:

Given that I just received the 20 MK3 Chainsword and bolt Pistols arms I ordered off Etsy 2 months ago, it's definitely gonna happen.

This is me

In regards to the little Tick thing, I feel it's for Necromunda.

Specifically its a little beastie that gets brought along with yet another thematic "Beastmaster" mini.

"Hive Secundis Spire-Tick" or whatever.

Either that or it's the Ash Wastes Nomads version of an RC Drone.

4 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

In regards to the little Tick thing, I feel it's for Necromunda.

Specifically its a little beastie that gets brought along with yet another thematic "Beastmaster" mini.

"Hive Secundis Spire-Tick" or whatever.

Either that or it's the Ash Wastes Nomads version of an RC Drone.

There were people going around saying it was an Enslaver. If so, how would that impact the fall of Secundus being caused by Genestealers?

If enslavers caused the fall of a hive they wouldnt stop there, they are an exponentially dangerous threat to the whole galaxy after all and Necromunda would promptly be buried in Eldar, Grey Knights and Necrons trying to stop them :D 

So i doubt it, but could be retconned obviously.

One thing of note for me from that stream. I assumed Spearhead was going to be 1:1 with combat patrol and it sorta is in principle but the AoS team look like they're taking it further as they're including boards/terrain and a dedicated hardcover book for the format in the big box (likely to become their ultimate starter).

Is this something we could see happen in 11th Edition? Combat Patrol given a bit more love (only way to get boards for Combat patrol at launch was either to already have them or as a webstore exclusive bonus). The thought of having all the combat patrol datasheets and rules in one nice book would have been nice (till they started changing things at any rate). 

Posted (edited)

I've got a mate who already has a Stormstodes army who is thrilled by the new Stormcast stuff.  They have moved much closer to grim dark, so they fit even better now.  Plus it's a great way to get female Custodes as GW don't make any.

Edited by Tyriks
removed aos