8 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

Well that was a let down.

Genuinely not sure what else you were expecting.

This week we've had the AoS 4.0 launch box full reveal, 2 codexes + battleforces for 40k, New ad mech launch box + thanatar + character for heresy, some absolute freaks for necromunda. 

I'd say we got more than expected - don't get me wrong, something, something plastic cc weapons for heresy but that ad mech reveal was a bunch more than expected. To label it a letdown I'd like to know what you genuinely expected to see that we haven't.

I would have liked the JPC to have had the option for a Bolt pistol or Inferno pistol, but the fact that she finally exists again, I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ok, GW, when are you releasing this summer's top secret army?

-Youve already anounced at least 3 waves for may/june/july

-Dawnbrigners 6 is still missing

-The GSC vs Votann Kill Team is also missing

-Age of Sigmar 4th edition starter box hits on july

-August is the dead month

When are you going to anounce the top secret army? (agents?) Like, two weeks prior? Did it get delayed?

18 minutes ago, Remain_Indoors said:

Necromunda was the winner for me, love the Malstrain. I may have to dust off my Escher for some expeditions. 
More Legions is always welcome, and my Chaos Cult is looking at the genestealers in envy.

I wonder how the whole "hunter" thing is meant to work for non Van Saar gangs. Will we get more weapon upgrades?

40 minutes ago, DarkChaplain said:

Their goal with the Archmagos was to differentiate Adeptus Mechanicus and Mechanicum more, but we all know that new Archmagos will end up being used in many 40k AdMech armies anyway

He has volkite. Automatic Dominus :thumbsup:

40k was a bit meh for me on this stream. Cannoness is alright. Big brain dude is fun but I'm not a gsc player and don't see myself starting. 

Mechanicum though ......... All the yeses. Way more than I expected and just brilliant. Want that stuff yesterday. 

That said melee weapons were conspicuous by their absence. I wonder if it's part of way there's no new roadmap. Harder for people to keep shouting for things like that when no timelines been out on it.

Another book for LI seems like too much DLC this early in the systems life. It's a bit ridiculous frankly and it's starting to feel like a barrier to entry for new players. That said I like the setting on Tallarn and tiny sabres are adorable.

The Necromunda stuff is as wonderful and weird as I expect from that game. Love it all. 

Love the Mechanicum stuff, really glad it was a proper release and they actually showed a fair bit! Always liked the Mechanicum models a lot but wouldn’t have bought them in resin, but I’m defo getting a battle group at least to ally with Marines (and probably a Thanatar). 

Also really like the Necromunda stuff, Van Saar are cool anyway and fungal Genestealers are sick. 

I joked to my friend during the stream about "Impurestrain Genestealers" and then they named them "Malstrain Genestealers". Oh how I laughed. 

I think the Necromunda expansion and the Mechanicum army release saved this stream for me, though I am heavily biased with the latter. I think the plastic Triaros has nicer tracks than my resin one and I can finally get a Thanatar, and that Archmagos will go on the shopping list too. I know they will be shelf warriors only but I don't really care at this point. GW's internal rivalries can go and *REDACTED*, I'm going to add some more 30k stuff to my collection anyway. I'll buy that instead of rules for my Admech until they can actually sort them out.

Between this and the Skaven released the other day there's a lot of great miniatures on the way and I'm only going to have limited resources to invest on them. If they add some 40k utility in those 30k models I might be more inclined to look at the "Legends" section a bit more seriously.

3 minutes ago, Remain_Indoors said:

Malstrain remind me of the  half dead sewer xenomorphs from Aliens: Colonial Marines

They reminded me of the Genebreeders' (somehow) even more inbred cousins that are kept in the shed and the family doesn't acknowledge... After a Fallout/Forgeworld Tuesday's dose of radiation.

Well yet again Astartes players for HH get shafted. 

Yes the new Mechanicum stuff looks great (it really does) and hopefully it brings even more people into HH game. 

But seriously GW, for the love of the Emperor release something that isn't a resin character. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

Well yet again Astartes players for HH get shafted. 

Yes the new Mechanicum stuff looks great (it really does) and hopefully it brings even more people into HH game. 

But seriously GW, for the love of the Emperor release something that isn't a resin character. 

Best we got is a legion-specific Weapon Pack so that you can have one of five different weapons (when you really just want two).

Folks were complaining about the heads but at least those served the time honoured tradition of drip... And you actually got enough to serve your purposes...

Now we don't get MKIII custom stuff and instead get some exceedingly dubious weapon packs lol (which, while nice, could be proxied and dont provide the immediate differentiation of helmets).

But to be positive, they don't have many more ranges they can update now before they are forced to go back and bulk out the main line... huh, just invisioned a world where we get a once-off pack of five ork units for 30k before we get Plastic Breachers or an IW Praetor lol.

Thats surely me being cynical though and we should hope for the best!

To be serious though, I hope 30k sells well and the GW chills on their obvious interdepartmental warfare. Just so we can get all of the basic options of the Heresy armies into plastic and get alot more unique flavor stuff (which will likely be resin, but thats better than nothing).

And if they are confidant enough to make the Auxilia followed by Mechanicum this quickly, its likely means the interest is there!

Edited by StrangerOrders

Everything looks perfect except one thing. I really don't like the look of the Phased Plasma Fusil, it looks like it was designed by Cawl. It's not as elegant as the original resin one and this isn't an issue of the material used, just the design being different for no reason. The vents on the muzzle look like the switches from a mixing board.

image.png.65c45833d3c53d67f86a30bf85ef109c.png
image.png.2d1a2754d92d04a5e448626cd23644e8.png

14 minutes ago, MoriyaSchism said:

just the design being different for no reason

Arguably a redesign was warranted since the resin kit featured two muzzles despite the gun being single barrel. so they got rid of the top one and made a nub that aligns with what looks like the gas piston system on an automatic rifle. So while they were at it the just changed the whole muzzle area, also getting rid of the undercuts. If anything they also could've raised the muzzle to properly center on the barrel but oh well.

Screenshot2024-05-18212604.png.3a10e91f50efaa6980d8187388b67aea.png

29 minutes ago, MoriyaSchism said:

Everything looks perfect except one thing. I really don't like the look of the Phased Plasma Fusil, it looks like it was designed by Cawl. It's not as elegant as the original resin one and this isn't an issue of the material used, just the design being different for no reason. The vents on the muzzle look like the switches from a mixing board.

image.png.65c45833d3c53d67f86a30bf85ef109c.png
image.png.2d1a2754d92d04a5e448626cd23644e8.png

This plasma fusil goes to 11.

You would think they'd be at the user-end of the barrel assembly, if the intent is to direct vented plasma away from the operator.

I didn't watch the stream, did they make clear if the LI Russes were two different boxes with two options each, or one box of four varients?

On 5/14/2024 at 1:33 PM, Matcap86 said:

Random (wishlist) idea: With ad-mech on the horizon, what are the chances we get a dark mech/mechanicum army box in the preview, like they did with pretty much the release of every new "staple" thing (mk6-mk3-solar aux). Plastic Thallax and Castellax, with a Thanatar and Triaros. With added Atropos and Moirax in the second wave.  

A man can dream....

I'm not saying I'm a psychic, but PM me for random lottery numbers while the going is still good.