Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

There can be only one god. Chaos Cult plus Genestealer Cult doesn't fit at all. Allied Imperial Guard makes sense though because it represents the Cult infiltrating the guard.

Was talking about Chaos not being able to broodbrother with imperial guard for the 1034th time while GW shows it's totally possible to do it with other armies, they just don't care.

Edited by Garrac

38 minutes ago, Xirix said:

Handgate?

When painting tutorials GW put on YouTube stopped featuring the people doing the painting, only their narration while the camera focused on the miniature being painted. They've since gone back to having their presenters give an introduction at the start of each tutorial video; there were a lot of complaints that GW weren't properly giving credit to their staff. 

3 hours ago, Xirix said:

Handgate?

There was a period on the YouTube Warhammer painting videos that they stopped showing the painter's faces and just showed their hands. It was due to Duncan's success after departing and setting up his own painting channel.

There was huge backlash and thankfully GW uturned on the decision. These previews are further examples of studio folk being, named, seen and chatting about their creations.

Acknowledgement of people is necessary and this is part of GW doing this again. 

I have to say, I don't like the spyrer suits. They look impractical to me. It doesn't seem like the shoulder part could rotate, so they can't reach out in front of them? Also I don't like the exposed pistons at the lower legs. That's not very high-tech obviously showing of your weak points. Maybe if they would glow red..? 

32 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

There was a period on the YouTube Warhammer painting videos that they stopped showing the painter's faces and just showed their hands. It was due to Duncan's success after departing and setting up his own painting channel.

There was huge backlash and thankfully GW uturned on the decision. These previews are further examples of studio folk being, named, seen and chatting about their creations.

Acknowledgement of people is necessary and this is part of GW doing this again. 

There's about a dozen different stories circulating as to why they stopped - from "we don't want to credit our staff" to "John (Blanche) doesn't want staff being harassed anymore". The one that's stuck as the most likely (and this was soft-confirmed by a few friends in the area) is the company was dealing with a particularly aggressive stalker targeting staff members at the time.

That said, the change in the preview format is a net positive; I'll admit I miss Eddie and Adam (particularly Adam, as he loved to gush Middle-earth), however getting the team in to talk more about things is definitely better.

I really like the idea of Necromunda Hive Secondus, it has a more lost and forgotten, dangerous grimdark place.

It's my vibe. I really like also the terrain they set for the video, anyone saw some of the new terrains they mentioned in the warcom article? 

Inpure genstealers are cool, I'm kinda torn with their upper back "spikes" but other than that I love 'em.

56 minutes ago, Alby the Slayer said:

I really like the idea of Necromunda Hive Secondus, it has a more lost and forgotten, dangerous grimdark place.

It's my vibe. I really like also the terrain they set for the video, anyone saw some of the new terrains they mentioned in the warcom article? 

Inpure genstealers are cool, I'm kinda torn with their upper back "spikes" but other than that I love 'em.

Yeah, the Stalagmites on their carapace doesn't do anything for me either. I get what they're trying achieve but I think I will be giving mine a more pustules/sores kind of thing with just the odd deformed carapace. I love the heads though and I'm eagerly awaiting this release.

6 hours ago, Garrac said:

Was talking about Chaos not being able to broodbrother with imperial guard for the 1034th time while GW shows it's totally possible to do it with other armies, they just don't care.

The design team might feel that Chaos don't really need that option as they already have access to a wide range of units in their own codex but GSC, who are a comparatively much smaller range, do need it.

52 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

The design team might feel that Chaos don't really need that option as they already have access to a wide range of units in their own codex but GSC, who are a comparatively much smaller range, do need it.

The damned range is just 7 kits

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

The damned range is just 7 kits

I think they meant once you factor in that they can ally with CSM/demons  (and presumably the God specific legionaries) which does up the count somewhat. 

Also the most likely reason is that it bumps up what they have to playtest in terms of units working together which they don't do, so easier to just ignore the option, and maybe in the future, just sprinkle some heretic guard units in. 

1 hour ago, ZeroWolf said:

I think they meant once you factor in that they can ally with CSM/demons  (and presumably the God specific legionaries) which does up the count somewhat. 

Also the most likely reason is that it bumps up what they have to playtest in terms of units working together which they don't do, so easier to just ignore the option, and maybe in the future, just sprinkle some heretic guard units in. 

Fair enough, but brood brothers isnt what id call precisely a very competitve option as of now. havent seen a lot of guard units on gsc lists on a long while. Also, its not that Chaos Cult foments you into taking anything else either way...

7 hours ago, Castigator said:

Yeah, the Stalagmites on their carapace doesn't do anything for me either. I get what they're trying achieve but I think I will be giving mine a more pustules/sores kind of thing with just the odd deformed carapace. I love the heads though and I'm eagerly awaiting this release.

The heads are the best part of the new Genestealers imho