Double eagle needs a sequel

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way, but after rereading double eagle for the first time in like 20 years I should have had a sequel a while ago.

Interceptor City, the sequel to Double Eagle, was announced long ago. Dan hinted that he was finally writing it a few years ago and since then we’ve heard naught but crickets. Hopefully it eventually sees the light of day.

Edited by cheywood

Posted (edited)

It took six years for The Warmaster to arrive and eleven for Pariah, so if nothing else Interceptor City will probably happen eventually... just maybe not anytime soon.

They did re-release Double Eagle the other year with a new cover (and not just the simplified X Anniversary hardback they've usually done) so that may be a positive sign it's still on the scopes.

Edited by Lord Marshal

2 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

It took six years for The Warmaster to arrive and eleven for Pariah, so if nothing else Interceptor City will probably happen eventually... just maybe not anytime soon.

They did re-release Double Eagle the other year with a new cover (and not just the simplified X Anniversary hardback they've usually done) so that may be a positive sign it's still on the scopes.

Not to be morbid, but abnett is not getting any younger and at this rate he won’t ever get it out to us.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Still kicking myself for not picking it up the LE while it was on the GW website for over a whole month in the States.

Edited by LemartestheLost
syntax

I think it is written and is in the stocks waiting for GW/BL to decide how it fits with strategy (such as a a new version of AI).

As said above, a couple years back Abnett posted a pic (or video) with him hinting at his next/current project sitting next to a model of a Thunderbolt.

We know BL can sit on books for a while, Abnett (again) wrote the first The Beast Arises novel years before the series started getting released.