Vorpal Subjugators

Posted (edited)

Founding Chapter - Iron Hands

Founding - Unknown

Homeworld - Talonhelm (Molten World)

Chapter Master - Comek Vann

Fortress Monastery - The Molten Citadel

Chapter colors - Dark red with orange fists and shoulder pads. Company designated by stripe down the helmet

Chapter specialty - Close quarters engagements and orbital assault

The Vorpal Subjugators, just like their Iron Hands parent Chapter, are cold and ruthless warriors. They do not hesitate to engage their foe, for they will shoot first and won't even bother asking any questions later. Rather, they will leave their enemy in ashes and move on to the next battlefront. They have been the target of censure for their callous and uncaring nature. Their application of overwhelming force is doctrine within the chapter to prioritize the complete destruction of their foe over the safety of those caught inbetween. It is unkown when the Vorpal Subjugators came into existence, but their banners are resplendent in victories and the inquisition has supported the chapter on multiple occasions. Indeed, the inquisition is likely the reason why the chapter has never been punished for their perceived transgressions. 

The Vorpal Subjugators are true sons of Ferrus, for they will replace their flesh with bionics. But they also have a very strong liking to flame weapons, like the sons of Vulkan. Their attacks will see their enemies engulfed in fire, after which the Vorpal Subjugators will fall onto the scattered survivors for the finishing blow. 

In present day, the chapter is involved in a large scale campaign now called the Crusade of Vengeance, against vast numbers of traitor astartes of the Iron Warriors. 

The Vorpal Subjugators' homeworld of Talonhelm resides in a star system called the Siveron System. It is located near the outer edges of the Tempestus Segmentum and relatively close to the borders of the Ultima Segmentum. At the heart of the Siveron System is Bakku, the giant sun in which the planets orbit around. There are 3 notable planets in the Siveron System.

Lehrax - A dead world that is extremely close to the sun of Bakku. The planet's temperature can reach a very scorching 930 degrees Fahrenheit and it is completely covered in magma oceans.

Kraghand - A death world that is also a feral world. Like Lehrax, it is near the sun, and only a small portion of the planet is habitable by humans. Even in the habitable portion, it is still a very unforgiving and brutal life on its surface. 

Talonhelm - Molten world and death world that is the home to the Vorpal Subjugators chapter. The planet's surface is covered with volcanoes and seas of lava. The temperatures can reach 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Talonhelm has a population of humans that fight tooth and nail to survive every day. On this planet can also be found a species of creatures called The Ravagers by the local population. These creatures have very dark brown and blackish skin and fiery eyes. They stand around 7 feet tall and are bipedal. These creatures hunt the human population of Kraghand for food and typically live in cave systems around the planet. When the Vorpal Subjugators settled the planet many years ago, they slaughtered most of these creatures to the point of being close to extinction. But nevertheless, they let these things live, albeit in small numbers. The reason these monstrosities are allowed to live is to keep the human population fighting for survival, thus giving the Vorpal Subjugators a hardy and savage recruitment population of the survivors. This goes a long way to explain the Chapter's culture and beliefs, in that they eschew weakness in all its forms. 

The Duel of the Blade Champion is an event in the Vorpal Subjugators chapter where the entire chapter will meet in the Molten Citadel every decade. Each company will nominate their company champion to compete in duels to first blood with their peer in another company. The severing of limbs is not only authorized but encouraged, for the Vorpal Subjugators are followers of "The Flesh is Weak" just like their parent chapter, the Iron Hands. The losers of these duels are eliminated until only a single company champion is left. As a final celebratory duel, the winner will be challenged by the chapter champion. If the winner proceeds to defeat the chapter champion, they will be given the title of Blademaster forever more, and will be a favored successor should the chapter champion fall in combat. But regardless of the outcome of this final duel, there will be a feast to honor the best martial combatants of the chapter. 

Edited by Ultramarine vet

That is a good foundation, definitely worth exploring and developing more. Why are they reckless? Iron Hands are quite methodical, what has led this chapter to deviate from those teachings? What is the chapter's view on the augmetics? Do they replace limbs, the old "Flesh is weak" or are they a bit more open minded?

18 minutes ago, calgar101 said:

That is a good foundation, definitely worth exploring and developing more. Why are they reckless? Iron Hands are quite methodical, what has led this chapter to deviate from those teachings? What is the chapter's view on the augmetics? Do they replace limbs, the old "Flesh is weak" or are they a bit more open minded?

Yes! They absolutely follow the "Flesh is weak" and replace limbs with bionics. 

Their "recklessness" is typically an opinion from the very population of the planets they "liberate" due to their willingness for collateral damage so long as the wider war is won as quickly as possible. The numbers of civilian survivors aren't as important to the Vorpal Subjugators as much as the utter destruction of the enemy at all costs. Their justification is that the longer a war lasts due to pulling punches, the more people die in the long run. So in their minds, they are indeed efficient and methodical. 

Posted (edited)

Okay I thought so, in their beliefs and doctrines, that should be explained I would say, it is obviously but I would say it should be made clear.

To me that is not reckless per se but could be described as callous? Having little regard for human life?

Also the Crusade of Vengeance, definitely more info on that! Sounds awesome to me.

Edited by calgar101
Extra information

23 hours ago, calgar101 said:

Okay I thought so, in their beliefs and doctrines, that should be explained I would say, it is obviously but I would say it should be made clear.

To me that is not reckless per se but could be described as callous? Having little regard for human life?

Also the Crusade of Vengeance, definitely more info on that! Sounds awesome to me.

I will definitely make those changes to make their doctrine and beliefs more fleshed out! And I can expand more on the Crusade of Vengeance. I actually need more help on it anyway! Is this also a good place to post it?

I'm not sure about where is best to post about the Vengeance Crusade, I think you could post in here when expanding about your chapter.

Have a read of some other IT'S, to get a good idea of how much information they provide for chapters. Without wanting to come across rude, yours is very short, it needs more meat.

Where is their home world? Apart from being a molten world, what else is it like? What are its inhabitants like? Why was this world chosen? How did they develop a relationship with the Inquisition? Any notable battles?

1 minute ago, calgar101 said:

I'm not sure about where is best to post about the Vengeance Crusade, I think you could post in here when expanding about your chapter.

Have a read of some other IT'S, to get a good idea of how much information they provide for chapters. Without wanting to come across rude, yours is very short, it needs more meat.

Where is their home world? Apart from being a molten world, what else is it like? What are its inhabitants like? Why was this world chosen? How did they develop a relationship with the Inquisition? Any notable battles?

Ah, not rude at all! It is absolutely short. Needs a lot more work. I'm currently working on previous battles and already have a good idea of where they are in the galaxy. I actually created an entire star system where their homeworld is located. I will add that into the thread here shortly! I'm very open to any and all critiques and questions, so thank you!