Fixing warped bases?

I've got a couple of larger plastic bases that are quite noticeably warped and don't sit flush when they're laid out on a flat surface. This is pretty unsightly, and since they're for plastic minis, the model's weight isn't going to do anything about it. Is there a fix for this, and if so, what is it?

Can you straighten them up by heating them? Will sticking them under a stack of rulebooks flatten them out? This is the first time I've met this problem.

These are standard GW black plastic oval bases, nothing fancy.

I had some warped LI bases for the Warhound Titans. I only noticed when I went to glue the Warhounds down onto the base.

I submerged them in boiling water, then laid a 1kg (2.2lb) weight on top of the base to hold it under. When the water had cooled down, I pulled the base out - nice, flat and level again.

Unfortunately won't work if the base has any texture paint or a model glued to it - but it will work if the base has been painted and varnished.

On 5/12/2024 at 11:03 PM, Sky Potato said:

I had some warped LI bases for the Warhound Titans. I only noticed when I went to glue the Warhounds down onto the base.

I submerged them in boiling water, then laid a 1kg (2.2lb) weight on top of the base to hold it under. When the water had cooled down, I pulled the base out - nice, flat and level again.

Ah, nice. First thing I tried was heating a base in water and then putting it under something heavy (it helped, but it's still not flat) - my mistake was taking it out of the water to do that. I'll try just weighing it down while boiling it and hope that does the trick.