Feedback on 1000pts and Initial Purchases

Hello all!  I'm getting into tau and looking to expand the new combat patrol into 1000pts.  I've come up with the following and would love any feedback.

Cadre Fireblade

Coldstar commander - CIB, 3 fusions, starflare

Breachers 

Pathfinders - heavy ion rifles

2x Devilfish

2x Stealth Suits -  burst cannons

Sunforge Crisis Suits

Ghostkeel - ion raker

Not sure about the 2 units if stealth suits, but it fits in the 1000pts nicely as this list comes to 990.

From reading other topics here (I used to run T’AU years ago but I’m new to a few things still :sweat:

are you running the Fireblade with two gun drones?… and is he with the breachers  I’d give them gun drones too. 
  When you say stealth suits you mean you have 2 teams of 3 ?… 

apparently they’re really good this edition !! … 

good to see you getting into T’AU bud :thumbsup:

cheers , Mithril 

@Guiltysparc- oh and apparently Grav inhibitor drone and the Recon Drone on the Pathfinders. yeah is there a reason for not taking the Stealth Team "Sarge's" Fusion gun?..

oh this is a Coldstar taken by Richard from "Art of War"

Coldstar Commander, Starflare Ignition System, Cyclic Ion Blaster, 3x Fusion, 2x Shield Drone 130.

Are you also taking 1x Gun & 1x Shield drone on each of your Sunforge Suits?...

Cheers, Mithril

P.S. if you paint Your T'AU anything like your World Eaters I'm going to have to be mighty jealous..(For the Greater Good though :wink:) either that or encouraged to paint my own T'AU much better!! 

3 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

@Guiltysparc- oh and apparently Grav inhibitor drone and the Recon Drone on the Pathfinders.

Sadly you can only take one Drone from Grav-Inhibitor, Recon and Pulse Accelerator (and then two Drones from the 'standard' list).

So depends what you really want from the Pathfinder unit.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Sadly you can only take one Drone from Grav-Inhibitor, Recon and Pulse Accelerator (and then two Drones from the 'standard' list).

So depends what you really want from the Pathfinder unit.

Oh I’m a sad panda… Recon I guess if you want to infiltrate and grav inhibitor if your sitting backfield stopping infiltrators yourself … or perhaps take two pathfinder units and give one of either to them … 

Mithril 

Edited by MithrilForge

21 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

For the stealth suits is there any reason not to take a fusion blaster in each squad? Seems odd not to.

My thought was, i'd rather have the three shots from the burst cannon since i don't expect this unit will be guided very often.  Also, i want the extra fusion blaster bits for the commander lol.

7 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

@Guiltysparc- oh and apparently Grav inhibitor drone and the Recon Drone on the Pathfinders. yeah is there a reason for not taking the Stealth Team "Sarge's" Fusion gun?..

oh this is a Coldstar taken by Richard from "Art of War"

Coldstar Commander, Starflare Ignition System, Cyclic Ion Blaster, 3x Fusion, 2x Shield Drone 130.

Are you also taking 1x Gun & 1x Shield drone on each of your Sunforge Suits?...

Cheers, Mithril

P.S. if you paint Your T'AU anything like your World Eaters I'm going to have to be mighty jealous..(For the Greater Good though :wink:) either that or encouraged to paint my own T'AU much better!! 

I am between the grav and recon drones for the pathfinders.  I don't think i'll use the infiltrator ability from the recon drone, because they'll start in a devilfish, and that will give the devilfish scout.  BUT the recon drone does add an extra gun.

For the commander, yep that was the loadout i was going with and same with the Sunforge suits, 1 gun/shield drone each.

I started a WIP thread for them!  Doing a drab green/khaki scheme.