Moritat in the 30k rules?

Posted (edited)

Are there any rules in the Horus Heresy that allow for space Marines to act alone like the Moritat? I want to work up a Nykona Sharrowkyn model to run with my RG army but am not sure it's possible.

Thanks!

Edited by Zilthai
crappy grammar

The best you are going to get is Shrike or a Phobos Captain. Thats a centurion that doesnt translate well. Chaos at least has Cipher. 

Does Shrike fall under the Legion Champion Consul? I was thinking of using him under the Legion Praetor. Wait, I think I just found it, there IS a Legion Moritart Consul but the rules don't specify what he can carry, only what he can't. Besides a second bolt pistol that is,

Posted (edited)

Mortiat can carry twin bolt pistols or plasma pistols or volkites or a combination of the 2 plus a melee weapon. 

Edited by WAR

15 hours ago, Zilthai said:

Does Shrike fall under the Legion Champion Consul? I was thinking of using him under the Legion Praetor. Wait, I think I just found it, there IS a Legion Moritart Consul but the rules don't specify what he can carry, only what he can't. Besides a second bolt pistol that is,

I think that with Shrike @Galron is referring to the Chapter Master of the Raven Guard Shrike in 40k.

You could run Sharrowkyn as a Praetor but a Champion Consul could also work, and they get a Paragon Blade included when you choose the Champion Consul option. You could run a Champion on his own without him joining a unit as he's an independent character. The options a Consul can take can be found on the Centurion rules page while Consul upgrades can restrict what options they can choose. 

I assumed you were talking using a 30k moritat in 40k since this is the 40k forum. The only model with effective rules to match would be Shrike or maybe even a Jump captain with a plasma pistol. I cant think of any dual pistol 40k rules models outside Cypher. Apparently dual gunslinging was a 30k fad and fell out of fashion in the intervening 11 hundred years. I guess a phobos LT of whatever flavor could be classed as an updated and more team-friendly moritat but still wont be dual pistol weilding. Nothing saying you cant model them that way or use a 30k model for that role. Im using Sevetar in my Night Lords as a chaos lord with dread hammer. after all. 

18 hours ago, Zilthai said:

Are there any rules in the Horus Heresy

I read it as wanting to proxy something as Sharrowkyn in 30K. 

Centurion with jump pack would be one version, Vigilator the other. I forgot about the jump pack version because the main thing I know him for is

Spoiler

sniping Fulgrim in the head. 

2 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

I read it as wanting to proxy something as Sharrowkyn in 30K. 

Centurion with jump pack would be one version, Vigilator the other. I forgot about the jump pack version because the main thing I know him for is

Hide contents

sniping Fulgrim in the head. 

Correct. Sorry, I didn't realize this was the 40k only thread.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Zilthai said:

I think it’s fine - there is frequently some crossover between sub-forums so I wouldn’t worry. I started my Raven Guard army in 40K but now it’s evolved into an army that has a lot of crossover with HH but I’m just maintaining the one thread here rather than making another in the heresy section.

Looking at the army list options you could take a legion centurion with a jump pack, nemesis bolter (I know he uses a needler but there’s no option for that) and a pair of raven’s talons. That would give you access to all his equipment. You could model him with dual blades and a needle rifle but use the rules for the nemesis bolter and talons.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

21 hours ago, Zilthai said:

Wait, I think I just found it, there IS a Legion Moritart Consul but the rules don't specify what he can carry, only what he can't. Besides a second bolt pistol that is

The rules for what the consuls can carry are listed in the centurion entry. The consul entries then tell you what extra you get, or what restrictions there are.

With Sharrowkyn, there isn’t an exact match, but if you go with a centurion as suggested above that could work.

And I wouldn’t use the current Shrike model as it would look odd in 30k. Better to make your own kitbash I reckon.

2 hours ago, Zilthai said:

It is not all RG conversations is allowed. Heresy does have its own section but like @TheArtilleryman said there is some cross over