The Rumour Engine - 14th May, 2024

Another point in favour of them being one and the same, the little claw on the back of the heel, is exactly the same as the claws on the hand.

1 minute ago, StraightSilver said:

Yeah, I'd say they are definitely from the same model. The foot sort of, loosely, reminds me of a mini War Dog (Chaos Armiger). 

Daemon possessed Chaos robots of some sort I think.

Yeah Knights was also my first thought and chaos fits with the chipped paint but this looks even smaller than Armigers so maybe something HH Mechanicum related?

A revisited (plastic) Vorax for HH Mechanicum?

Would mean a signicative rework of the aesthetic of the leg/foot part though... 

Posted (edited)

Likely just a new daemon engine for chaos, but.....looking at the armour plate on the front has a band pattern reminiscent to a certain Egyptian helmet.

The bands even seem to alternate color shading much like a yellow to blue. 

Edited by Ahzek451

37 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'm not sure it's 40k as the chipping is heavy here and their paint schemes tend to be dead tidy. Maybe 30k or Necromunda?

This is the studio paintjob used for the Knight Rampager on the webstore:

99120102137_CKKnightRampagerFeature.jpg?fm=webp&w=920&h=948

Posted (edited)

Maybe a new units for the Emperor's Children? Since the faction is going to appear this edition they could give them that. Either Chaos Knights, EC or Necromunda. The most out there option will be Thousand Sons like you say or even World Eaters.

Edited by Jscarlos18

27 minutes ago, Jscarlos18 said:

Maybe a new units for the Emperor's Children? Since the faction is going to appear this edition they could give them that. Either Chaos Knights, EC or Necromunda. The most out there option will be Thousand Sons like you say or even World Eaters.

I cannot imagine anything in the future Emperor's Children range having a chipped and weathered look to it, even if they do get something along the lines of the Subjugator from Epic.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Centurion said:

Im with @Ahzek451 and i say a Rubric Dreadnought in a birdy shape!

I still think/hope a dread is on the way, but judging by the paint highlights on the bands, and taking into account how GW paints they look really thick, making me think that this is an extreme close-up on a model smaller than a dread. 

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

Avian style automata for Thousand Sons would be seriously cool, but that led me to the idea of Tzaangor-Mechs and honestly that would be both the worst and funniest thing they could do with the TS range.

*Glances at my Tzaangors, Felgors and Beastmen converted for 40k*

Nah that sounds amazing mate