New Jump Canoness, Codex and Army box

Spotted by those over at Reddit but the contents page from the video is (just) legible.  As suspected Death Cult Assassins, Crusaders and Missionaries are gone.  Preachers renamed Ministorum Priest as per the new model name.

Plus it was a long shot but I was really hoping base Celestians would be coming back.  Nope still Sacresants only.

On 5/19/2024 at 4:02 AM, Xanthous said:

While I'd agree with this for the basic pistol-melee loadout, the two handed halberd or eviscerator give her a pretty unique look.

With regards to the Combat Patrol, there's definitely been a shift in philosophy since they've become armies-in-a-box for a unique game mode rather than simply a starter bundle. They're definitely moving away from "focal point" centrepieces like the Redemptor for Dark Angels and the Ghostkeel in T'au, presumably for balance reasons. It seems pointless to me to compare the old combat patrols to the new ones because they're essentially completely different in purpose.

They fulfil the same purpose but the shrinkflation is notable and quite the kick in the teeth.

Ultimately they're a starter box for any army and they have become quite bland compared with where they were in a lot of cases. 

Yes CP is designed as a standalone game and does work. Yes they may be looking to better balance, however, value wise they've got a lot worse both financially and in terms of points.

When I get time I'd be intrigued to compare old vs new for points and financial cost differences.

On 6/2/2024 at 2:11 PM, Indy Techwisp said:

Also revealing a surprising new addition to the releases:

image.png.7bb07af1fca4bc19c6747adb40c4680e.png

Guess this means that if SoB get the counterpart to the Cultist Firebrand then Guard might be getting the other BSF Priest.

That's how I'm using my BSF priest, hanging with some Infantry in a IG squad. 

Posted (edited)

Some new details about the codex detachments.

Bringers of Flame

Ranged weapons gain Assault, +1 Strength attacking an enemy within12"

Penitent Host

Three vows to choose from once per game, ala Gladius Task Force, and only apply to Penitent models (new keyword, I guess, they didn't give details). +3" movement, +1 Strength and +1 Attack to melee on Charge, and 2+ Fight on Death. Stratagems and enhancements focus on Penitent models.

Army of Faith

Units can perform two Acts of Faith per phase, instead of one. The example stratagem and enhancement both had a 'gain a Miracle die' when destroying a model kicker in addition to their normal effect.

Edited by jaxom

1 hour ago, jaxom said:

Army of Faith

Units can perform two Acts of Faith per phase, instead of one. The example stratagem and enhancement both had a 'gain a Miracle die' when destroying a model kicker in addition to their normal effect.

Important to note here, the "Blade of Saint Ellynor" enhancement has been moved into this Detachment and also seems to havr been heavily reworked.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jaxom said:

Some new details about the codex detachments.

Bringers of Flame

Ranged weapons gain Assault, +1 Strength attacking an enemy within12"

Penitent Host

Three vows to choose from once per game, ala Gladius Task Force, and only apply to Penitent models (new keyword, I guess, they didn't give details). +3" movement, +1 Strength and +1 Attack to melee on Charge, and 2+ Fight on Death. Stratagems and enhancements focus on Penitent models.

Army of Faith

So all the 4 detachments look like "we want to make some real playable things, not a meme one".

"Pentinent" may be narrow though. If it says "zealot" then quite possibly that missionary would confer that keyword to any unit it could join, opening much bigger opportunity.

Edit: well it says pentinent models. So just engines, flagellants and repentia.

Edited by Tokugawa

On 6/2/2024 at 1:11 PM, Indy Techwisp said:

Also revealing a surprising new addition to the releases:

image.png.7bb07af1fca4bc19c6747adb40c4680e.png

Guess this means that if SoB get the counterpart to the Cultist Firebrand then Guard might be getting the other BSF Priest.

Looks like Taddeus' load out is also available for SoB. I'm sure he'll get a release with Astra Militarum