Adepta Sororitas- WARCOMM

Posted (edited)

New article July 22nd

Ordo Hereticus inbound

zgoBC8uGu7tso9b9.jpg.ffdbd151f7acff476041856a19937c47.jpg

Codex: Imperial Agents

New preorders next Saturday July 6th

Morvenn Vahl: Spear of Faith (Mega Limited Edition)

IMG_0907.png.0535a55df7da9ee6b36639904dd4c801.png

The Daughters of the Emperor E short 

IMG_0908.png.cd383271cbab541e81c3d58bcd69461b.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/30/sunday-preview-all-the-extras-you-may-need-to-play-the-new-edition/

New WarComm Article 06/19/24

Ulm7HL6aFwR7n8v4.thumb.jpg.0d159b396449165534247d8f1d9b365a.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/19/starting-an-adepta-sororitas-army-in-warhammer-40000-everything-you-need-to-know-from-painting-to-lore/

New WarComm Article 06/06/24

10700443084923008387.jpg.9b910597d6206e320f079bb73c160b16.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/06/are-you-a-burn-everything-kind-of-battle-sister-or-a-penitent-zealot-find-out-in-codex-adepta-sororitas/

New Novel and Black Library model

u9bfIIYywvLxfOkG.thumb.jpg.cf59c735993df6d27551fd718b1ee688.jpg

VsTe2hJBkQuMVinN.thumb.jpg.d4ca7b221a178a7bb182e5c47a596b48.jpg

YHmo8JqzmSXk8u4b.thumb.jpg.1af11e93e6849957278205e70f65a3c9.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/03/a-new-black-library-hero-rises-with-an-incredible-novel-and-miniature/

Update preorders this coming Saturday 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/02/sunday-preview-fire-and-faith-light-up-the-new-season-of-warhammer-40000/?utm_source=Social+Media&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sunday&utm_content=preview&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1LZnr2nk1EBt5OdPFfmboqfn-kAUbKGejCUn23oLoBZal1c5CQWtiaThs_aem_AbPl4qI8tyjsbmzM4-6E25esStomiq1FK28NtUCrSLx_OLdiUnKMWZmClfMY6Ot2EIUXvAGuARFdT8lsOEvM_tfR

inzb5NVH2ECdBk60.thumb.jpg.e592d9f36841f2c5cad3c582ec05791c.jpg

CI3ZnaYf0TZefTYI.thumb.jpg.26cb0e5a7d97f5316bcb45d110dca93b.jpg

EuBgF5qcvFjg2j1p.thumb.jpg.a938cfe541fafaaae6ffd663bff3b1b1.jpg

vdpOW8VrVgeKews0.thumb.jpg.d7bac9a17c7d0467ea2db4bbec917415.jpg

9NgbUffA8o9SO40Q.jpg.d172bfd5f303557eded33b01e58ac542.jpg

Old info 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/the-warhammer-preview-show-the-new-flying-canoness-rains-faith-and-fire-from-the-heavens/

Jump Canoness returns along with codex 

Edited by WAR
WARCOMM new announcement

Still not knowledgable enough about the range, to be able to compare and have an opinion - not sure what I think.. But seems cool! Usually good with more models, bitz though. :)

I do like the respirator head and the eviscerator. especially though.

As much as it's good to finally have JPC back, I would have liked the option for her to have a bolt pistol or Inferno pistol as the alternative to the hand flamer. But, it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Aqui said:

As much as it's good to finally have JPC back, I would have liked the option for her to have a bolt pistol or Inferno pistol as the alternative to the hand flamer. But, it is what it is.

It's such a strange omission. Wouldn't be a problem if the options weren't limited to the box.

I love this kit. My only issue is lack of a helmeted head, but that's easy to rectify

There's a rumour that one of the detachments is a flying focus, which could be cool. Certainly I've wanted to add a block of jump units to my army as part of the narrative, and a generic jump canoness empowers that- particularly for Crusade, because you need non-named HQ's to lead your units so that leaders can grow alongside the units they command.

So minimally, without any changes of battle line, such a detachment would be 3 seraphim units and 3 zephyrim units, with 1-3 jump canonesses to lead. You could also conceivably drop in Celestine, Junith and Stern.

I'll need at least one of these- possibly two. I think I'm going to get that battleforce box. My that'll give me two units of 5 seraphim and two units of 5 Zephyrim plus the Canoness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 11:57 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Not to be that guy but their ‘halberds’ look a lot more like poleaxes to me.

There's very little difference between a Halberd and a Poleaxe besides the physical weight of the axehead being Heavier on a Poleaxe and the back spike being replaced with a Hammer-head, so with the SoB Halberd's having a pretty decent amount of the Axehead cut-out for the Fleur-de-lis icon and a fleur-de-lis on the back working as a spike, I'd say they'd be classed as Halberds.

Posted (edited)

Updated to reflect preorders this coming weekend 

Edited by WAR

Kind of surprised they did not release Thaddeus too 

34 minutes ago, WAR said:

Kind of surprised they did not release Thaddeus too 

I feel like the other BSF Priest character has been reserved for the Astra Militarum codex, since both SoB and Guard share the Preacher minis currently.

New WarComm article showing off 3 new Detachments Army of Faith, Penitent Host, and Bringers of Flame. 

That new Divine Guidance strat is going to be disgusting on the Arco-Flagellants. The lack of AP on their attacks is just the blunting tool needed to keep them from being too oppressive. It'll be interesting to see if they tone down their datasheet.

I like these detachment rules....

But I'm disappointed that they don't really reflect old subfaction identities, and it is a real shame that there are only four. It looks like they've created a Penitent Keyword, and I wonder who is getting it. Arcos and PE's are a given; Morties and Repentia are likely and make sense; the Dogmata is a wild card, as she often oversees Penitent units. 

1 hour ago, ThePenitentOne said:

I like these detachment rules....

But I'm disappointed that they don't really reflect old subfaction identities, and it is a real shame that there are only four. It looks like they've created a Penitent Keyword, and I wonder who is getting it. Arcos and PE's are a given; Morties and Repentia are likely and make sense; the Dogmata is a wild card, as she often oversees Penitent units

They mention Repentia have it in the article

It would be interesting if you could gain the Penitent Keyword in the Crusade rules. There used to be a requisition to make a battle sisters unit take the penitent oath and become Repentia, and I'm hoping they carried it forward... But I think it would also be cool for units to be penitent without becoming a different unit. 

This will make it fun to run my Penitent Legion. We'll have to see what happens to points so that I can figure out the composition. I've got 3 boxes of PE's. I like Morties, so I might build 4 of them and 2 as PEs. I also have the old CP PE, who can only be built as a PE. I have Repentia (15) and Arcos (13). If I break out the metals, I've got 3 more PE's, 9 Arcos and Enough Repentia to max out (30 metal GW, 10 Resin Wargames Exclusive).

The Dogmata, I think is the most suitable HQ. I also plan on bringing Karamazov because he'll look good with the walkers, but as an Agent, he can't be the Warlord. I miss the old character version of the Repentia Superior because a Penitent Legion needs someone fit to command the penitent.

Looking forward to the Goonhammer review- especially the Crusade part.

Three new detachments....nope wanted orders. Oh well they do sound interesting so waits to be seen what other goodies we'll receive. 

Army of Faith - Will come in clutch a few times I think. I have encountered a few game changing moments that would rely on another guaranteed dice outcome, so that'll be nice. I'm more interested in their strat for the -1AP, can be used in the fight phase and shooting phase. That'll make some our units very tasty on the offence. I'll have to shake my habit of rolling mainly 1s and 2s for my miracle dice though :laugh:

Penitent Host - I run one unit of Arcos, one unit of Repentia and two solo Mortifiers, so I wouldn't really benefit from my detachment rule only effecting 4 units for three turns max. I'll likely just give this a miss.

Bringers of Flame - Probably the most appealing for me. I play a lot of infantry and used to play White Scars, so I have absolutely benefitted from having advance and fire on many units. Manoeuvrability can win games and definitely helps score points. The +1S within 12" will help bolters pick off the occasional extra marine, and will be nice to pump the meltas up to S10. I can see Seraphim enjoying the +1S.