Adepta Sororitas- WARCOMM

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 8:27 AM, Emperor Ming said:

Melta for example, +1 s to s9 wont actually make any difference when firing at most tanks that are t11+

T11+ is the realm of HEAVY armour. The biggest buff here is going to 3+ vs anything T:9 (most transports) and then 4+ on T:10 as well, which is up to Gladiator/Predator class. So sure, it doesn't make the melta better vs the top 1/4 to 1/3 of threats, but it does equate to much faster destruction of basically any transports or medium armor. Most non-skew lists won't have more than a couple T11+ targets, and a list like Sisters will win by pinning the big stuff and purging the small stuff.

Plus Faith and, I'm guessing, some random enhancement or strat will also help vs the top tier stuff when needed (EDIT: Apparently this is 'Rites of Fire' stratagem which gives flat +1 to wound on anything standing on an objective within 12" and/or Sustained 1 enhancement 'Fire and Fury' if you're feeling saucy). As soon as a melta squad can pick up almost any buff to hit or wound, they do become terrifying... I literally oneshotted Magnus last night sneaking 3 melta wounds through on Magnus from some Firestorm razorback devastators. The S improvement wasn't a factor, sure, but I also only invested 200pts worth of shooting to get there. If I played Sisters, I'd always be rocking minimum 2x Immolators + 5 Melta Retributors... just like my standard pair of razor/devs for Salamanders. 

Further edit: losing Fire Support on Immolators is a bit sad, but change to Retributors rule means that you won't need to invest in CP or enhancements on them if you plan on using them vs stuff that has already killed some chaffe since they now just re-roll wounds vs anything that has killed a unit. Go-go infiltrating Initiates I say!

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Edited by Dr. Clock

• 2 weeks later...

New Article posted- See first post

• 2 weeks later...

New pre order this week see 1st post

• 3 weeks later...