Posted (edited)

Yep, more from Necromunda already.

EFkgmVJaHmGd1Qxf.jpg

The kit comes with four bodies, and the armaments are interchangeable for a high degree of posability. This modularity also means that you can mix and match loadouts to create your leader, a Spyre Hunt Master skilled in numerous disciplines and, therefore, even more of a terror to dispatch…

Edited by Lord Marshal

11 minutes ago, sarabando said:

i like them but the tech looks too advanced for 40k imo

Not trying to argue a personal opinion, but that’s always been the Spyrer’s thing hasn’t it? In the original game (doesn’t look much like they’ve carried it over) there was in universe speculation and hints that the suits actually had Tau tech. 

Posted (edited)

I am not a fan of these versus what faithful updates of the metals could have been, or especially, Gibbons's fantastic Malcadon artwork:

ff467a0e79cdc9e9d0a4a4b64b3bc7ef.jpg.d3c6a4ac2571d6ad5fcfe6555084665c.jpg

Fig. 1. One of Gibbons's many stunning Necromunda artworks 

spyrers8-e1655121521118.jpeg.71cd30d05e3457344dd56b16507471f6.jpeg

Fig. 2. The original metal spyrers. Imperfect, but far more characterful than these new plastics (although I do like the new orruses).

35 minutes ago, Fire Golem said:

Not trying to argue a personal opinion, but that’s always been the Spyrer’s thing hasn’t it? In the original game (doesn’t look much like they’ve carried it over) there was in universe speculation and hints that the suits actually had Tau tech. 

So not the original game since 1996 predates the tau by many years. It was instead suggested in the 2001 codex that introduced the Tau :)

Screenshot_20240520-1420452.thumb.png.a26c380b08ab83e2545ffcd69a804129.png

Fig. 3 Codex Tau (2001) - the horror of recording our cities!

Edited by Petitioner's City

I’m a fan of these, and the idea of a low model count gang of psychopathic nobles loaded up Predator-style to go terrorize the Underhive sounds very Necromunda to me. 

I’ve never played the game (historic or present), is it possible to take only a gang of these guys or are they simply too expensive to take more than 1-2 and need some hired guns?

27 minutes ago, FoursCompany said:

I’m a fan of these, and the idea of a low model count gang of psychopathic nobles loaded up Predator-style to go terrorize the Underhive sounds very Necromunda to me. 

I’ve never played the game (historic or present), is it possible to take only a gang of these guys or are they simply too expensive to take more than 1-2 and need some hired guns?

It is in the article :) 

29 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

It is in the article :) 

The article is a little vague (only saying that they are expensive but have 2 activations). I’m just curious from people that know the game (since I have basically no knowledge) if running a highly elite/low model count gang of only Spyrers is doable of if they simply have always been too expensive to run a whole squad of them. Or maybe running a whole squad simply makes you That Guy and it’s enormously unfun to play against? 

14 minutes ago, FoursCompany said:

The article is a little vague (only saying that they are expensive but have 2 activations). I’m just curious from people that know the game (since I have basically no knowledge) if running a highly elite/low model count gang of only Spyrers is doable of if they simply have always been too expensive to run a whole squad of them. Or maybe running a whole squad simply makes you That Guy and it’s enormously unfun to play against? 

Back in the olden days, you’d just have a few on their own. I don’t have outlanders anymore, but I think you’d get 4 while the rest of the gangs would be 10 or more. They had some fun scenarios on white dwarf too where they had drones and traps and stuff 

23 minutes ago, FoursCompany said:

Historically you could buy experience points for them at the outset to get them some early advances, depending on how big you went with this you'd normally end up with 3-5 Spyrers in a team (I think if you ONLY took the cheapest you could possibly get 6). 

So it'd feel about right for a starting team to be in that same bracket especially as most other hangs are in the 6-10 bracket so with double activations that's pretty much even. 

9 minutes ago, gideon stargreave said:

Back in the olden days, you’d just have a few on their own. I don’t have outlanders anymore, but I think you’d get 4 while the rest of the gangs would be 10 or more. They had some fun scenarios on white dwarf too where they had drones and traps and stuff 

That’s probably what I expected, somewhere in the 4-5 range for individual models. For that appeals since I’m a horrifically slow painter.

I got Necromunda when it first came out, not really played any of the recent things as it's been hard to get my guys playing a lot of anything, but as I LOVED my Spyrers back in '96 I've been looking forward to seeing what would happen in the current game and I'm not disappointed. Love what they've done and the aesthetic is very cool to me personally so I'll be very interested in picking these up, even if they never see play (which I may try to force on people as clearly Necromunda is still better than regular 40k). 

12 minutes ago, gideon stargreave said:

It was different as each kind of Syprer cost a different amount of credits to hire. You could do 6 Malcadon if you kept them cheap, but you'd be spending the creds on 5 of them, if you varied the armours, whereas the same money you get you a much larger gang if you went with the Houses. Overall they actually started off pretty weak, but once you started powering up the armour they could be really powerful. 

Well that escalated quickly lol.

I'm sold, but I think the studio scheme isn't ideal, and the heads maybe a bit off. They'll nbe more techno-weirdos for my Admech basically. Can't wait to make one of them Naruto running, and I think some head-swaps will improve them by an additional, gratuitous mile.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

I don't like the new suit design, but even more I am dissapointed that they are uniformed as if it was just another special forces unit. Those should be rich nobles in highly personalized and customized suits. Completely missed opportunity to me. And I will be honest - with Van Saar around they don't even look that more advanced, but that's more the Van Saar problem.