Primaris Aggressors for Blood Angels ... go thematic or not?

Go to solution Solved by Karhedron,

Posted (edited)

My point is if you run Primaris Aggressors for Blood Angels, do you go thematic and go flamers, or go power and build them as bolt storm?

Has anyone here had experience running both types, and can comment on how they did in the game? I've only used boltstorm aggressors in 10th.

Thanks. 

Edited by Helias_Tancred

How are flamer aggressors more thematic for BA? Personally, I wouldn't run flamers outside of the flamestorm detachment with an appropriate delivery method, because both loadouts aren't equivalent in effectiveness, but cost the same. 

Because of historic model options I've built all my 'proper' Aggressors as Bolter, because of the old ETB kit with the flamers.

Th only reason I'd pick the flamers is if I was expecting to have the spare CP to freely use overwatch on them for the auto hits.

• Solution

Boltstorm really need the Fire Discpline enhancement to get the most value out of them. Flamestorm work well with Dev Wounds in the Firestrike detachment. Outside of those Detachments, I am not sure there is a great deal of difference in effectiveness. In an SoS detachment, what you are really looking at is the S10 attacks on the charge with the shooting being more of a bonus. If you are running them with a Gravis Captain then I would go Flamers as you can use Rites of Battle for free overwatch. Without a Captain, I think that the extra shots from the boltstorm will probably be better but there is not a huge amount in it,

12 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

Boltstorm with Biologis is still strong even without fire discipline. Worth trying out. 

That is what I have experience using. I agree. They're good regardless of the detachment. TBH if I rebuild a Blood Angel collection (4k), I want to run Sons of Sanguinius mostly. I'm kinda a stickler for that faction's detachment. I also do not play competitively, but among close friends in our basements ;)

I miss this forum too btw

This week I played the Blood Angels Combat Patrol list and rules. My flamer Aggressors were the most valuable unit vs Tyrannid list. Slaughtered a 10 beast unit in one turn and went toe to toe in melee with a large monster. So many dice!!