3k Questoris List

Acastus Knight Porphyrion w/ Lascannons, Hyperios, Implacable

Crusader w/ Meltagun, Stormspear, Preceptor

Atrapos Seneshal

3x Helvering

2x Warglaive w/ Meltagun

1x Warglaive w/ Stubber

Still trying to find a way to make it work, despite knowing the big boys are pretty terrible.

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

The Porphyrion is the only good unit in this faction and I think implacable is the correct rank for him. Keep him close to the seneschall and he'll be a nightmare to deal with.

I think the Atropos is terribly overcosted and also lacks a Melee weapon to make use of the seneschalls WS5. I'd take an errant or Magaera instead. I like the addition of a thermal cannon knight but I think the avenger is not good enough to give up Melee for it. I think the third guy should be dolorous errant/castigator.

Lastly you'll only ever need a single helverine, all your other armigers should be warglaives 

EDIT: A Mageara-seneschall, Errant-Dolorous and the Atrapos add up so that you can perfectly fit 7 armigers at 3000 points

Edited by Razorblade

7 hours ago, Razorblade said:

The Porphyrion is the only good unit in this faction and I think implacable is the correct rank for him. Keep him close to the seneschall and he'll be a nightmare to deal with.

I think the Atropos is terribly overcosted and also lacks a Melee weapon to make use of the seneschalls WS5. I'd take an errant or Magaera instead. I like the addition of a thermal cannon knight but I think the avenger is not good enough to give up Melee for it. I think the third guy should be dolorous errant/castigator.

Lastly you'll only ever need a single helverine, all your other armigers should be warglaives 

EDIT: A Mageara-seneschall, Errant-Dolorous and the Atrapos add up so that you can perfectly fit 7 armigers at 3000 points

How about this:
Errant Seneschal

Preceptor Atrapos

Porphyrion Implacable

Add Meltagun to third Warglaive

3/3 split

3k on the nose

I still want to run Helverins. I've seen them do well in batreps and they look good on paper. 3/3 seems like a decent split - I can always tinker from there.

7 hours ago, oldhat said:

How about this:
Errant Seneschal

Preceptor Atrapos

Porphyrion Implacable

Add Meltagun to third Warglaive

3/3 split

3k on the nose

I still want to run Helverins. I've seen them do well in batreps and they look good on paper. 3/3 seems like a decent split - I can always tinker from there.

The Atropos just isn't worth the cost and neither is the preceptor upgrade. 

I mean by all means try your lack but I can only vehemently advice against helverins. The only meaningful targets against which they reliably outperform the thermal spear are Recons and HSSs and that does not offset having no Melee and being unable to engage 2+ Saves and Land Raiders