Games Workshop has once again dropped the ball with Terminators.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:25 PM, Karhedron said:

My understanding is that the model designs come first and the rules are developed afterwards. I think he started life as a true Gravis Apothecary but his availability coincided with the design decision to remove revival abilities from 3-wound Marine models (e.g. Deathwing Apothecary). This left him without a role so they slapped on rules to turn him into a sort of pseudo Lt.

I also think this is the case.

And I also think that in future rules iterations he will function more like a regular Apothecary. 

On 7/17/2024 at 10:38 PM, Orange Knight said:

And I also think that in future rules iterations he will function more like a regular Apothecary. 

I hope so. If Eldar Spiritseers can resurrect Wraithguard then I don't think bringing Gravis infantry is a particularly big deal. 

We comparing Gravis to Terminators again?

I think the biggest dropped ball for Terminators is that Grey Knights Terminators apparently are getting their stats printed ahead of the Grey Knights codex in the new Inquisitorial Agents codex, all but confirming that they are not getting updated this edition, since the IA codex is a one model codex despite technically being the faction launch.

A perfect opportunity to update the Terminators and nope.

Hopefully Grey Knights players can withstand their small Termies until 11th for the next chance.

Edited by Indy Techwisp

I would think that the perfect time to update GK would be their codex that's coming out next year, but that might run into Space Wolves timing of refreshing a la DA and BA.

IA having the datasheet doesn't "prove" anything other than that they're gonna be in the IA codex.  Data sheets have been changed mid edition before.

Technically it does not matter if the GKs listed in AI do not match the unit listed in the GK Codex since they are separate army options. One is intended to be fielded as an allied unit, the other as part of an all-GK force.

As long as the new GK Termie kit (assuming it comes) contains the options needed to build the unit in the AI Codex then it is fine. If it includes extra options as well, that is also fine, it just means that allied units do not have access to all the options found in the unit from the full army which is actually not unreasonable.

It would only be a problem if the GKTs in the AI Codex have an option for something like a Psycannon that is then removed from the new kit and GK Codex entry but that seems unlikely.