Is this a genuine FW fire raptor component?

I was looking at buying my friends fire raptor off him, but am concerned by the canopy (see pic), he said it's a genuine FW model and it came with that component, but I've never seen this canopy on a fire raptor before - the official model has only the see through canopy right? Anyone seen anything like that? A search for conversion parts didn't yield any results. 

Thanks for any info!

IMG_20240530_232535.jpg

Posted (edited)

That looks like some sort of conversion. The standard fit uses the storm raven cockpit. I also don't see that part in the assembly instructions I saw online for the kit. I don't remember that kit changing either. 

Edit- both assembly instructions for fire raptor + storm eagle use the storm raven cockpit. 

Edited by MegaVolt87

Posted (edited)

Just confirming my Fire Raptor doesn't use that part, it came with the standard Storm Raven cockpit canopy as pictured:

Dc6r1zV.jpg

On further look though, it does look like it might be a standard canopy with some extra bits glued on and smoothed out. I think I recognize a venerable dreadnought viewport.

Edited by NovemberIX

Yea, pretty weird that I can't find out where that part is from, I had a quick look for stl's, conversion kits etc and seen none similar. Again I'm assured it's real but this is giving me pause ..

It looks like an amazing conversion part.

10 hours ago, Xenith said:

Yea, pretty weird that I can't find out where that part is from, I had a quick look for stl's, conversion kits etc and seen none similar. Again I'm assured it's real but this is giving me pause ..

Are you concerned the whole model is a recast or 3D print?

Or that you'll have issue's with "neck-beards" and trying to play the model because it's not 100% genuine?

I can't place the cockpit- it does look familiar, but can't pin it down. I will say it doesn't look like any recaster replacement cockpit (usually done due to not having the ability to produce the clear plastic of GW canopies) that I've ever seen though, so I'm not sure where it could be from.

7 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

Are you concerned the whole model is a recast or 3D print?

Or that you'll have issue's with "neck-beards" and trying to play the model because it's not 100% genuine?

Whole thing is a recast really, the seller is pricing it reasonably for a genuine article, obviously a recast would be worth much less. I don't want to pay genuine prices for Chinacast! 

Did he buy it second-hand maybe? If so it might be an aftermarket piece. Either that or we've got a metal Chaos Dreadnought feet scenario on our hands where a piece not intended for full release accidentally ended up in a few kits!