Land Speeder Storm conversion ideas

Posted (edited)

Hey chaps, just a couple quick questions. I’ve seen a land speeder storm with a sort of extended transport bay kicking about on the internet, and as well as wanting to give it a go with regular marine crew (possibly with heavy bolter pintles on the side), I had the idea for a casevac/apothecary one - swoop in, grab injured battle brothers, swoop out. I appreciate it’s not canonical (unlike a rhino for the apothecarion which is mentioned in one of the Badab war books IIRC), but it doesn’t seem like a completely stupid idea.

in order to do that, I had a couple of questions, in case anyone had mucked about with them before.

First: how interchangeable is the pilot/copilot seat part of the Land Speeder Storm with the standard Land Speeder kit? I ask because I’d want regular marines piloting the thing (possibly with some sort of Helix Adept style markings to show they’re at least attached to the apothecary on even if not a fully-fledged Apothecary).

Second:  has anyone mucked about with making pintle mounted gunners, Valkyrie style, for a land speeder storm (even just using scouts)? I’m just trying to think what bits might be useable (e.g attack bike heavy bolters), but some advice would be great!

Edited by roryokane

Posted (edited)

Yes, the cockipts are interchangable. There's a Deathwatch Land Speeder Storm conversion I saw on DakkaDakka that had gunners on the sides. There was also a guy on Instagram who made a door gunner for his Storm Eagle. Any pair of gunner arms from any Space Marine vehicle kit would work for this. I'm not sure what kind of legs would fit. You'll probably have to cut some parts up to create legs for mounted gunners. Makes perfect sense to have a small section of vehicles for the Apothecarion and in line with the example you listed.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/1100015-Deathwatch Land Speeder Storm Left Side.html?m=2

https://www.instagram.com/fellhanded/p/C1H-7WvtxiI/?img_index=2

image.thumb.png.389ca0c76c99b5be2458fbe099bd4841.png

Edited by MoriyaSchism