=] The Call to Arms: Heresy Stronghold [=

@Dr_Ruminahui this could be a consul designated as either a librarian or esoterist. Or it could be a named character/primarch such as Erebus or Magnus. I think there are psykers available to the various types of human forces too. Just to confuse matters, some of the Daemons have powers as well I think.

I enjoyed the lordiest lord event last year. The model I painted has led me to paint a full world eaters force for the CtA this year. Unfortunately as they eschew psykers generally I doubt I will be participating in this event. Unless I have get some inspiration from somewhere. 

Hope that helps.

@Dr_Ruminahui this could be a consul designated as either a librarian or esoterist. Or it could be a named character/primarch such as Erebus or Magnus. I think there are psykers available to the various types of human forces too. Just to confuse matters, some of the Daemons have powers as well I think.

Thanks, Dwango.  Given what you have described, I am further convinced that I have little to no clue as to what units in the heresy era might be psychers, and feel the best approach is for individual heresy participants to say to me "Hey!  This is a chaos psycher"  and then for me to include that model in the event.  Given the difference in systems, I won't be focused on whether they have any particular "psycher" keyword (though the presence of such would almost certainly be enough) but rather the inherent "psycheriness" of the model - so psycher demons, consuls, primarchs and assorted humans and others are all welcome, provided they fall under the broader umbrella of "chaos".

I'm glad you enjoyed the event last year, and its understandable that you aren't able to do so this year, given your current hobby project.  Your model last year was gorgeous. 

Hopefully other pro-heresy painters chose to participate this year and likewise enjoy it, even if it doesn't lead to future armies. :smile:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Time to get stuck in! Modest vow for now:

I, TheArtilleryman, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 9 tactical marines, 5 veterans and a company champion for 19 points for the glory of the Emperor, the Imperial Fists and the loyalist Heresy Stronghold on or before September 17th, or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

IMG_4161.jpeg

Plus 5 extra heavy bolter guys?

Master of the Forge entry for the Champion?

(see later posts)

Edited by TheArtilleryman

Posted (edited)

large.StrongholdTopperHeresy.png.83dc54c

Call to Arms Heresy Stronghold Update #2

Two Months down, one to go. It is time for everyone to start wrapping up their Vows, and securing your points, especially those on subsequent vows.

The Traitors have surged forward, almost eliminating the gap in pledged models to less than 50pts, putting them at 537pts, BUT the Traitors

have also logged 79pts of completed models, bringing them to the front of the Stronghold.

The Loyalists managed to climb to 583pts pledged, BUT only gained another single completion, bringing them to 24pts completed.

Both Factions have gained additional Partiipants, and had subsequent vows made, I suspect this one is going to come right down the the wire....

Edited by Grotsmasha

Both Factions have gained additional Partiipants, and had subsequent vows made, I suspect this one is going to come right down the the wire....

I should hopefully be completing my vow by the end of the long weekend. just got a little bit left on the infantry and the rather simple schemes on the dracosans, as well as the titans

My vow is progressing. I’ve now got half of my previously redacted models done and everything has now been built. 

Four sabtes at 1ppm

IMG_2141.thumb.jpeg.d3561392af646b0a1e598461ee092630.jpeg

Four Termites at 1pm

IMG_2062.thumb.jpeg.c31e8481a9ce0219cbaa658944fefbbe.jpeg

I’ve built the next four sabres with the alternative armament. planning on painting these as white scars. 

IMG_2159.thumb.jpeg.9d3622d09ed611207a9001769565464a.jpeg

A review of these and the latest Leman Russes is now up on goonhammer: https://www.goonhammer.com/goonhammer-review-legions-imperialis-sabres-termites-and-more-leman-russes/

Here’s a random selection of stuff I’ve been painting for my Fists. Not all of this is included in the vow.

IMG_2043.thumb.jpeg.4a57598e9693f6d7545712e9602dd13f.jpeg

I’m doing ok with the rest of the stuff. An increasing number of my land raiders and Kratos are now yellow, but I’ve got a lot of tracks and guns to paint. 

Im a bit tempted to vow some more stuff, but I’m worried that might be mad. I’ve built some jetbikes, speeders and contemptors though and they’d take me to over 100 points, which would be nice. I’m going to see how much I get done in the next week or two before committing to more, but here’s a photo of what I *might* add if I do a third vow. 

IMG_1782.thumb.jpeg.adc3aca5e42e360b9b18b7c7b440b3ec.jpeg

Time to get stuck in! Modest vow for now:

I, TheArtilleryman, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 9 tactical marines, 5 veterans and a company champion for the glory of the Emperor, the Imperial Fists and the loyalist Heresy Stronghold on or before September 17th, or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

IMG_4161.jpeg

Work in progress on my vow. Painted the veteran squad and champion. 4 layers (!#%) of yellow done on the rest.

IMG_4220.thumb.jpeg.5534ecc8cd8fa8f15267e7a0a3ac35fb.jpeg

@Grotsmasha I don’t suppose I can add the 5 heavy bolter guys at the back to this vow can I? I forgot I had those to do and I started them at the same time. I want to get all the Fists done together so I can leave the yellow behind … if not that’s fine as I’m gonna paint them at the same time anyway.

@GrotsmashaNot sure if it’s too late but the Legion Champion is a kitbash/conversion based on the FW Loken model, with a range of other FW parts to make him an IF. Some more shots from different angles.

IMG_4193.thumb.jpeg.3d4aea6434902f4f1299284410dd0d22.jpegIMG_4188.thumb.jpeg.69e6d2e18d776311c73175e5c780cb3f.jpegIMG_4189.thumb.jpeg.276e9b66c5db45baa448b062b1b2c915.jpeg

I would like to enter it in Master of the Forge, but I’m not sure if this had to be done at the time of the pledge or not. I didn’t even think about it then as I know there are some other mega epic conversions going on but if it’s possible then it would be nice. If I’m too late that’s cool.

Sorry for the spam, but time to post my second vow.

I, TheArtilleryman, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 tactical marines, 10 marines with volkite calivers, 5 marines with lascannons, 1 cataphractii praetor and a land raider proteus for 36 points for the glory of the Warmaster, the Iron Warriors and the traitor Heresy Stronghold on or before September 17th, or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

IMG_4163.thumb.jpeg.b258133631b0e82a91545801100c351b.jpeg

Well it wouldn’t be the Horus Heresy without at least one turncoat now would it?

Sorry for the spam, but time to post my second vow.

I, TheArtilleryman, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 tactical marines, 10 marines with volkite calivers, 5 marines with lascannons, 1 cataphractii praetor and a land raider proteus for 36 points for the glory of the Warmaster, the Iron Warriors and the traitor Heresy Stronghold on or before September 17th, or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

IMG_4163.thumb.jpeg.b258133631b0e82a91545801100c351b.jpeg

Well it wouldn’t be the Horus Heresy without at least one turncoat now would it?

Second vow complete:

IMG_4236.thumb.jpeg.646b66790ed7f99a0ec63e74ada1fb97.jpeg

Damn these guys are quick and easy to paint!

Some awesome progress here. I’m slowly plodding through my pile of LI tanks. 

I’ve been doing the kratos and Land Raiders, which are the biggest outstanding things. Once they’re done I’ll have four more Sicarans, sabres and termites to do. And in the background my 30k assault squad. 

IMG_2228.thumb.jpeg.22eaeb17515eb1262e1d0d137ae7f8fd.jpeg

I think I’m past the half way mark. Averaging maybe an hour a day means slow progress but I think I’ll make it. 

I thought I’d made a lot of progress but when I see the insane quantities of stuff being completed here I’m in awe. @Mandragola you’re doing great, @SgtSharp and @Dwango I’m just gobsmacked. The size and scale of the heresy is unfolding right here.

I often feel like I need a :jawdrop: emoji reaction for people’s posts :)

I have a bunch of Raven Guard that need doing and I’m sorely tempted to add another vow but at this stage I’m not sure how much time I will have between now and 17 September. I like to post vows only when I know I have the time to do them. Will see how I go.

Keep it up everyone!

I’ve made a start on my white scars Sabres. I’m using a slightly different method than my Fists, with apothecary white, followed by a white scar drybrush. Blood angel red contrast is awesome for the patterns. 

IMG_2232.thumb.jpeg.4637e6451a29404f513dd271c9daaff3.jpeg

And because they’ll need a formation to be part of, and because I lack any self control, I’ve decided to make a third vow. 

I, Mandragola, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 Imperial Fist Contemptors plus 6 white scar scimitar jetbike bases, 4 javelins and 4 land speeders, for 24pts for the Glory of the Emperor and the Heresy Stronghold on or before September 17th, or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

Here are the dreadnoughts, jetbikes and javelins.

IMG_1782.thumb.jpeg.6803d2996fc1cd7e90a91ca3ca0580f1.jpeg

And I’ve just built these speeders, which got sprayed along with the sabres. You have to be careful because the force of the spray is enough to blow them away!

IMG_2229.thumb.jpeg.b92ea22ee5264964aa1d8b4611d5945c.jpeg

It’ll make a change from painting yellow tanks, anyway. 

Edited by Mandragola

I thought I’d made a lot of progress but when I see the insane quantities of stuff being completed here I’m in awe. @Mandragola you’re doing great, @SgtSharp and @Dwango I’m just gobsmacked.

believe me @TheArtilleryman, what I did was not wise, it was pure pain and struggle, which no one in their right mind should emulate.

I got some more terrain to paint for this stronghold after the current Emergency vow, probably not going to vow any more interesting models

Still plugging away at tiny vehicles here. 

white scar sabres, javelins and Fist dreads all nearly done. I think I should do the trim on the javelins and the bases need more work. 

IMG_2263.thumb.jpeg.fc0cfeac9e79c0dce050cb72aeb964ac.jpeg

The rest of my white scars stuff has had a coat of apothecary white and a drybrush.

IMG_2262.thumb.jpeg.9a511f15a761ec199d52a2b4238368f3.jpeg

My remaining Fist vehicles are now yellow. I found it was easier to do this with Imperial Fist contrast rather than Yriel yellow. Many, many tracks and guns still to paint. 

IMG_2261.thumb.jpeg.98f7331ec17893fcf5277b97d0979222.jpeg

This is my “done” pile. Actually most of them need their exhausts done and transfers, but I’ll do those together. 

IMG_2264.thumb.jpeg.c3a66b988f126d265f7c8f14664e1cb9.jpeg