=] The Call to Arms: Xenos Stronghold [=

@sitnam great work and even though it was slower than your first lot... still very fast... :cool:

++EDIT++

@Grotsmasha - I have a Riptide I'd like to paint after I finish all my other vows, will that count as it's a Big'un as it's a Large model??... just need clarification cause if he's not, then I have to throw him into my third vow when I make it... 

Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

1 hour ago, MithrilForge said:

@sitnam

@Grotsmasha - I have a Riptide I'd like to paint after I finish all my other vows, will that count as it's a Big'un as it's a Large model??... just need clarification cause if he's not, then I have to throw him into my third vow when I make it... 

Mithril

Riptide is 7pts, doesn't quite hit the Job's a Big'Un :thumbsup:

Just for clarity, we're meant to be putting our updates on the same post as our vow, or in separate posts? Have updating my original with a spoilered shot of the first 10 infantry I've finished, but browsing the various Strongholds I've seen it done both ways.

47 minutes ago, Wormwoods said:

Just for clarity, we're meant to be putting our updates on the same post as our vow, or in separate posts? Have updating my original with a spoilered shot of the first 10 infantry I've finished, but browsing the various Strongholds I've seen it done both ways.

I'm happy for updates to be done either way, but need the "Completed" post with a group-shot as a "new" post so there's a clear end time/date 

2 hours ago, The Pounder said:

For my Kroot I used a base coat of Death World Forest, highlighted with Nurgling Green, then washed with Athonian Camoshade then a final highlight of Karak Stone.

Ah, not quite the same then. I used thinned Militarum green followed by Ogryn camo and Krieg Khaki drybrushes.

I, zulu.tango, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 7 beast snagga boyz, 8 kustom beast-snagga boyz, 5 kustom lootaz, 1 snazzwagon, and 1 wurrboy for 29 pts for the Glory of the Orks and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

I will also be competing in the Master of the Forge competition with the "kustom" indicated conversions/bashes. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5674c5d73251414dcbdb9613c16176ed.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.356e941335c850eadd95c33f55a85823.jpeg

*formatting, added snazzwagon to spoiler

Edited by zulu.tango

Vow #1 is complete. Sorry for the bad pic, but here they are on the shelf with some of their brethren! 

I’ll take a group photo of all my completed vow models when done!

large.IMG_6992.jpeg.74df4172475e3d46b3b9

Spoiler

large.IMG_6990.jpeg.13a407e3bd4342516669

Spoiler is of my newest aberrant. All the other pics are on my Kraken Kult thread in the Genestealer Cult forum.

Vow #2:

I, brother_b, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint a neophyte seismic gunner and a neophyte flamer for 2 points for the Glory of The Genestealer Cults, the Four Armed Emperor, and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

large.IMG_6996.jpeg.3df5deb3d4f63847231c

Great work @brother_b, and congrats on completing the pledge

i have completed my first wave of Necrons

IMG_6754.thumb.jpeg.8e4f8a41533eec0567a41495de39fd34.jpeg

I have individual shotshere on my HoH thread

Now  for my second pledge:

I, sitnam, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint a Necron Overlord, 10 Necron Warriors, 3 Tomb Blades, and 9 Scarab Swarms for 39 points and  Glory to the Necron Empire, the Nihilakh Dynasty  and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

IMG_6753.thumb.jpeg.6cf340df76e560a02dc23d3a959b8ddf.jpeg

@sitnam Thanks! I’m on a roll with my infantry almost done with pledge #2!

You’re cranking stuff out and wow definitely repping it for the Xenos!

Edit:

Vow #2 complete for two more points.

large.IMG_7009.jpeg.6b9ac885c8153331b65d

That’s 7 points for Xenos total between both vows.

Vow #3 will be incoming and will likely be substantial. Time to buckle down and really get the work flowing. This means more assembly (ugh) and breaking out the airbrush for priming and painting (vehicles).

Edited by brother_b

Finished the BIG model in my first vow, now I only have my Fireblade and some drones to do! Making good progress, I think, should have more than enough time to get Vow 1 done by/around next weekend, assuming I get a decent spray-paint day. 

image.png.6ed2386287b91b74e941d10e8c6ee22a.pngimage.png.a4b7c28d57cfa27304368380d9332d6e.png

I did every weapon option, all magnetised, though I'm guessing that doesn't really change the point score. Just means I'll get more use out of him on the tabletop!

Posted (edited)

You can’t have a Genestealer cult without Genestealers!

I, brother_b, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 5 Genestealers and one neophyte icon bearer for 6 points for the Glory of The Genestealer Cults, the FourArmed Emperor, and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

large.IMG_7023.jpeg.2700edb1f760351ea02f

Forgot to add icon bearer before painting pic.

large.IMG_7024.jpeg.81929795b2aaffb9d3a2

Edited by brother_b

Posted (edited)

Hello there,
so I'd hope to join this forum, make a vow and join in the fun. But and this is my fault for missing the last step of emailing the admin, my accounts activation was delayed to now.
I didn't know it'd take as long it ended up taking so what would have been my first vow is now complete. 
I've progress photos etc but worry, turning up vowing a bunch of stuff and then immediately uploading completed pictures wouldn't be right.
I had intended to make the following:
I, Agnostic Doggo, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 20 Necron Warriors, 1 Royal Warden and 1 Plasmancer Cryptek for 30 points for the Glory of the Necron Tomb Worlds  and the Xenos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.
Could someone let me know if its alrright to still make that or if i should only make vows and count things from having joined the forum.
Will Edit this post with images etc if appropriate.

PS Wormwoods is to blame for all of this. Good and Bad. Yes I'm calling you out my friend! =P

@Grotsmasha Tagging you in hopes of getting confirmation. 
Adding the start image either way

Vow 1_croped base coat.jpg

Edited by Agnostic Doggo
Adding @ tag and photo