=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

I, TrawlingCleaner, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 23 Infantry models (15 Legionairies,2 Chosen and 6 Plague Marines), 2 Helbrutes, 2 Rhinos, Forgefiend, Defiler and 4 Characters (JPLord, 2x Lord, Sorcerer) for 64 pts for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

PXL_20240617_161438011.thumb.jpg.e5fc07b3f95ace8753469def2f4180de.jpg

The PMs and the Defiler is due repainting. A few of these models are for a small commission I'm doing for a pals Black Legion army :happy:

For those who participated last year, you may remember my weekly summaries - I intend to do that again this year, aiming for the first day back from from my weekend (usually Monday, but Tuesday after a long weekend or if life gets busy).  So, if you don't see me commenting on your work during the week, its not because I don't love it, I'm just saving it up for one of these posts.

That said, I encourage everyone else to also post their appreciation and encouragement in this thread - that's a huge part of what made this stronghold so awesome last year.  And everyone, be sure to post regular photos of your work for the rest to compliment and be inspired by!

Now, in order of appearance:

@gaurdian31 - Great to see you back!  Really looking forward to seeing your mixed bag of models (very chaosy, BTW) painted up and seeing how they fit in with your great stuff from last time.

@Norman Paperman - Welcome!  As a newcomer to B&C, I'm really happy to seeing you dive into this event.  Looking forward to seeing how you do your forces of Tzeench and Nurgle.

@Cryptix - Welcome!  That's a very characterful (as in full of characters) vow!  Seems like a great way to rack up some points for chaos, and I've got my eyes pealed to see what you do with them. 

@Brother Argent - Welcome back!  Its great to see that you can make a deeper commitment to chaos this year.  Are all your models being done nurgly, or do you have 2 forces on the go?

@Cpt.Danjou - Great to have you back!  Great vow, and you are certainly first out of the gate for models painted.  That hound looks fantastic, BTW, that green base creates such a vibrant and nuanced red - I love it!  And your bloodmaster is totally worth 5 points - helps make up for all the bleeding trim we are all faced with. :biggrin:

@Boc - Welcome back!  I'm really looking forward to seeing your models as you complete them - your work was top notch last year.

@Muskie - Great to have you participating again this year!  I know what a struggle it can be to complete models, and a single Lord seems like a great way to start!

@Chainsword Cookie - Welcome!  You have nurgle well represented in that vow - are you representing the demon's forum with that vow?

@Dr. Clock - Ah, the other good doctor!  Welcome.  See you are building out your motorpool and your command corps!  Can't wait to see what you do with them.

@TrawlingCleaner - Welcome!  My spies have told me that you went xenos last year, but I'm told that washes off. :tongue:  Looks like defiler conversions are a thing this year - look forward to seeing yours and the rest of the models when they are done.  You are the current leader for chaos in pledged points.

@Bonehead - Welcome!  Glad to see my cajoling in the Realm of Chaos forum paid off!  Knowing what you've done to your other renegade tanks, I expect your malcador to turn out great. 

Like last year, I will probably doing a Lordiest Lord type competition with whatever unit entry seems particularly prevalent.  At the moment, that seems to be defilers, but 3 probably isn't enough so it will probably end up being something else.

Oh, and as a final note, the chaos forces for heresy are hived off in the heresy stronghold this year - so we should all periodically pop over there to cheer our 30K brethren on.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

19 hours ago, sitnam said:

@Bonehead I love the Malcador, and I plan on getting one next year for my own LatD. Looking forward to seeing it complete

Hopefully I can do it justice. It just seemed the right tank to get for a traitor guard army; it was the signature vehicle for the baddies in the vraks books. It's a good kit too. If you're smarter than me and read the instructions properly you can build it with all the guns able to traverse quite a lot. I've got a fair bit of modelling on it yet to do: crowning it with rebar spikes like the two russes I just finished (had to work out the paint scheme on something old first) and adding trophies and stowage, chaos stars and all sorts of extra crap. Should be fun.

I, Ezekyle_Abaddon, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 14 Legionnaires, 10 Traitor Guard, 5 Havocs, 5 Chosen, 5 Khorne Berserkers, Contemptor Dreadnought, a Leviathan Dreadnought, a vindicator, a Chaos lord, a Master of executions, a Warpsmith, and finally a kitbashed Daemon prince for a total of 70pts for the Glory of Heretic Astartes Forum and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end!

It's my first call to arms so I figured I should go big or go home. I've got a ton of time for painting and need some motivation to actually do it, so here I am!

20240618_1636521.thumb.jpg.6187228e6372972fb97f389b179ae128.jpg

I am also pledging my Daemon prince for the Master of the Forge sub-competition!

20240618_1637561.thumb.jpg.0c89a09db5d0a5017a001e4bf1526d69.jpg

FOR THE GLORY OF CHAOS AND THE WARMASTER!

I think you may be a bit off - I come to 65 (unless the leviathan is more, or I can't add, which does happen):

14 legionaires (14), 10 guard (10), 5 havocs (5), 5 chosen (5), 5 berzerkers (5), contemptor (3), leviathan (3?), vindicator (5), lord (5), MoE (5), Smith (5), Prince (5)

So, 14 + 10 + 5 + 5+ 5 + 3 + 3? + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5   = 65

@Grotsmasha, how many points is a leviathan dreadnought?

1 hour ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

14 legionaires (14),

10 guard (10), (24)

5 havocs (5), (29)

5 chosen (5), (34)

5 berzerkers (5), (39)

contemptor (3), (42)

leviathan (3?),(45)

vindicator (5), (50)

lord (5), (55)

MoE (5), (60)

Smith (5), (65)

Prince (5), (70) 

TOTAL (70)

I got 70pts too :thumbsup:

Spoiler
On 6/17/2024 at 4:05 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

For those who participated last year, you may remember my weekly summaries - I intend to do that again this year, aiming for the first day back from from my weekend (usually Monday, but Tuesday after a long weekend or if life gets busy).  So, if you don't see me commenting on your work during the week, its not because I don't love it, I'm just saving it up for one of these posts.

That said, I encourage everyone else to also post their appreciation and encouragement in this thread - that's a huge part of what made this stronghold so awesome last year.  And everyone, be sure to post regular photos of your work for the rest to compliment and be inspired by!

Now, in order of appearance:

@gaurdian31 - Great to see you back!  Really looking forward to seeing your mixed bag of models (very chaosy, BTW) painted up and seeing how they fit in with your great stuff from last time.

@Norman Paperman - Welcome!  As a newcomer to B&C, I'm really happy to seeing you dive into this event.  Looking forward to seeing how you do your forces of Tzeench and Nurgle.

@Cryptix - Welcome!  That's a very characterful (as in full of characters) vow!  Seems like a great way to rack up some points for chaos, and I've got my eyes pealed to see what you do with them. 

@Brother Argent - Welcome back!  Its great to see that you can make a deeper commitment to chaos this year.  Are all your models being done nurgly, or do you have 2 forces on the go?

@Cpt.Danjou - Great to have you back!  Great vow, and you are certainly first out of the gate for models painted.  That hound looks fantastic, BTW, that green base creates such a vibrant and nuanced red - I love it!  And your bloodmaster is totally worth 5 points - helps make up for all the bleeding trim we are all faced with. :biggrin:

@Boc - Welcome back!  I'm really looking forward to seeing your models as you complete them - your work was top notch last year.

@Muskie - Great to have you participating again this year!  I know what a struggle it can be to complete models, and a single Lord seems like a great way to start!

@Chainsword Cookie - Welcome!  You have nurgle well represented in that vow - are you representing the demon's forum with that vow?

@Dr. Clock - Ah, the other good doctor!  Welcome.  See you are building out your motorpool and your command corps!  Can't wait to see what you do with them.

@TrawlingCleaner - Welcome!  My spies have told me that you went xenos last year, but I'm told that washes off. :tongue:  Looks like defiler conversions are a thing this year - look forward to seeing yours and the rest of the models when they are done.  You are the current leader for chaos in pledged points.

@Bonehead - Welcome!  Glad to see my cajoling in the Realm of Chaos forum paid off!  Knowing what you've done to your other renegade tanks, I expect your malcador to turn out great. 

Like last year, I will probably doing a Lordiest Lord type competition with whatever unit entry seems particularly prevalent.  At the moment, that seems to be defilers, but 3 probably isn't enough so it will probably end up being something else.

Oh, and as a final note, the chaos forces for heresy are hived off in the heresy stronghold this year - so we should all periodically pop over there to cheer our 30K brethren on.

Looks like I’ll be Dark Angels all the time this year but I just wanted to drop by and wish everyone good luck this year.  Iron within.

Edited by crimsondave

I, legoman heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 5 Chaos Chosen (5 pts) and 1 Master of Executions (5 pts) for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes Forum and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

I am very slow, these models are very detailed and I am midway through painting a unit of possessed that I need to finish first, so have been quite cautious with my vow. The MoE will be converted from the Sons of Horus praetor with axe.

Last year was lots of fun and provided a lot of incentive for me to get through quite a lot of models. Can't believe it has been nearly a year already!

17187974025267929338129821778659.jpg

16 hours ago, crimsondave said:

Looks like I’ll be Dark Angels all the time this year but I just wanted to drop by and wish everyone good luck this year.  Iron within.

Thanks for dropping by and your best wishes, crimsondave - we'll miss your participation but its great that you are coming over to visit.  Even if you are now a filthy traitorous follower of the corpse emperor. :tongue:

I, Brother Nathan, warlord of the iron warriors, pledge to paint the following,

• 5 chaos Legionaries
  • 8 assorted cultists
  • 2 Beast men

For a total of 15 points?  for th e glory of the IV, before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

20240618_220050.thumb.jpg.75b642c92e20d4044989d37e6dc25868.jpg

That looks like 15 points to me, unless the psycher(s) count as characters.  IMHO, I think they should, (at least the floating guy on the right, not sure what the guy to the left of it is) but that's up to @Grotsmasha.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I Antarius (along with my nefarious companion, the Queen of the Blackened Moon) pledge to paint the following for the Glory of Tzeentch, Chaos and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

1 Lord of Change (10 pts.)
1 Herald of Tzeentch on disc (5 pts.)
1 Herald of Tzeentch with Daemonic book-familiar (5 pts. the herald will probably be rebased on a bigger base before priming)
1 (or is that 2 :D ) Blue Scribes (5 pts.)
1 Exalted Flamer (5 points? isn't it a herald-type choice these days?)
10 Pink Horrors (10 pts)
52 (for some reason...) Blue Horrors (52 points)
For a total of 92 points

I kinda feel I ought to shave of 11 points to get to 9x9 :laugh: 
Edit: You will of course note that I have turned my picture upside down - just as planned!

IMG_0300.JPG

Edited by Antarius