=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

Some sick stuff here! I think it's time for me to get involved, though it's a busy summer...

I, Bob Fossil, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 Plaguebearers, 1 Herald of Nurgle, 3 Nurglings swarms and 3 Plague Drones for 27 points for the Glory of the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

That little green fella in the middle is going to be primed again, as I'm not very happy with the scheme.

P1060685.thumb.JPG.52e3b499b861174459515c6c72606730.JPG

Posted (edited)

All right let's get cracking!

"I, Scion, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 5 Bloodcrushers and 5 Flesh hounds for 15 pts for the Glory of Chaos deamons and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

Disclaimer, The bloodcrushers are primed in two colours; red and metal with airbrush I read in the rules that's allowed....? Kewl! thx Grotsmasha

Edited by Scion

Posted (edited)

Progress update, all the characters are pretty much done, just need to do the eyes on the power armor sorcerer that I didn't realize weren't done until I took the picture :blush:. Just need to do that and the 10 cultists that I primed this afternoon and that'll be first Vow down!

Edit: And bases! Always forget the bases!

20240704_150349.jpg

Edited by Cryptix

All right, a little over two weeks in and a sizeable chunk of the vow is done (Not as much as I wanted, unfortunately.) It seems @Dr_Ruminahui prayers to the to the dark prince were successful as I was thoroughly distracted by the new and sexy Elden ring DLC.

I still managed to get 10 legionnaires done, the traitor guard squad, the warp smith, and the vindicator done.

Excuse the bad pics, I'm ripe dogcrap at taking good pictures of my minis

20240704_1949531.thumb.jpg.5a5d9ea5aea68e4407807f189fa0ed23.jpg

20240704_1952301.thumb.jpg.4f53f55644c2ccefe73ba62782b64e87.jpg20240704_1953131.thumb.jpg.208b1c60b72618bfa8092dbcba6744c5.jpg

20240704_2002091.thumb.jpg.f41260264c30e978e77a9dbad061fe14.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2024 at 12:38 PM, Antarius said:

I Antarius (along with my nefarious companion, the Queen of the Blackened Moon) pledge to paint the following for the Glory of Tzeentch, Chaos and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

1 Lord of Change (10 pts.)
1 Herald of Tzeentch on disc (5 pts.)
1 Herald of Tzeentch with Daemonic book-familiar (5 pts. the herald will probably be rebased on a bigger base before priming)
1 (or is that 2 :D ) Blue Scribes (5 pts.)
1 Exalted Flamer (5 points? isn't it a herald-type choice these days?)
10 Pink Horrors (10 pts)
52 (for some reason...) Blue Horrors (52 points)
For a total of 92 points

I kinda feel I ought to shave of 11 points to get to 9x9 :laugh: 
Edit: You will of course note that I have turned my picture upside down - just as planned!

IMG_0300.JPG

Sitting here looking at the blue horrors I was painting and dividing them into groups, I just realised that I actually only have 42 blue horrors in my vow/picture, not 52! 

I can sub in 10 Brimstone Horrors that I ahve lying around, if that's ok?

IMG_0318.JPG

Edited by Antarius

2 hours ago, Antarius said:

Sitting here looking at the blue horrors I was painting and dividing them into groups, I just realised that I actually only have 42 blue horrors in my vow/picture, not 52! 

I can sub in 10 Brimstone Horrors that I ahve lying around, if that's ok?

Yep, acceptable :thumbsup:

On 6/14/2024 at 7:46 PM, Cryptix said:

I, Cryptix, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 cultists, 10 melee legionnaires, 1 counts as helbrute, 2 warpsmiths, 1 sorcerer, 1 counts as terminator sorcerer, and 1 terminator lord for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes Forum and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end. 

Comes out to 48 points I believe? And this is my smallest planned Vow :devil:. I'm aiming big this time.

20240614_194524.jpg

First Vow down!20240705_130743.thumb.jpg.752cd18353ac86ec17a3d08238713cfe.jpg

Also question, would Daemon Engines (Forgefiends, Maulerfiends, and Venomcrawlers) fall under the walker or small tank category?

1 hour ago, Cryptix said:

Also question, would Daemon Engines (Forgefiends, Maulerfiends, and Venomcrawlers) fall under the walker or small tank category?

Can't quote it right now, but I believe the points for those models can be found in the Heretic Astartes Rally Point :thumbsup:

Indeed it does!

On 5/3/2024 at 10:18 AM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

3pts   Venomcrawler

4pts   Bloat Drone, Plagueburst Crawler

5pts   Forge/Maulerfiend

6pts   Heldrake, Defiler

8pts   Glaive, Fellblade, Falchion, Fire Raptor, Storm Eagle

10pts Lord of Skulls, Kytan Daemon Engine

Nice to see everyone's work - keep it coming!

@Boc - Your legionaires look great - particularly like the one with the red demon skull (I think that's what it is) for a head.  Nice to see your defiler coming along - its a neat version of the model.

@Bob Fossil - Welcome!  After a real drought of demons last year, they are out in force!  Looking forward to seeing your completed forces of Nurgle.

@Scion - Also welcome!  More demons, but khorne - can't wait to see what you do with them.

@Cryptix - Congratulations on having the first completed vow, also making you our current leader in completed points! Do you have any plans for a follow up vow? From your question about points, perhaps something demon enginey?

@Ezekyle_Abaddon - That's a whole swack of completed models, which I'm assuming look nice but the photos are a bit hard to tell.  In my experience, the key to decent photos is good lighting - I would recommend either taking them outside or using a better lamp - the traitor guardsmen have a good light level, but unfortunately the shadows hide the details.

@Antarius - Good your caught your unplanned dividing horrors - look forward to seeing how you do your little dancing flame guys.

@Muskie - That's a very fetching lord - very creepy looking.  I would love to see a better picture.

@gaurdian31 - Those are some nice cultists - its really interesting the unatural skin tones you used on a couple of them.

@Iron Father Ferrum@TrawlingCleaner@Brother Argent@Dr. Clock@Cpt.Danjou@Norman Paperman@Xin Ceithan@legoman@Brother Nathan@Chainsword Cookie, and @Bonehead - hope you have all been working on your vows, and looking forward when you have pictures to share.

Myself, put some paint on my defiler, but not to the point where I'm ready to post pictures of it - if I can pick up the pace (and the paintbrush) maybe in the middle of the week.