=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

6 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@Antarius - Great pics of your demons, both WIP and (especially) finished.  I know the bright vibrant colours you did them in is something new for you, but they look great!  Your Lord of Change in particular is a work of art.  I'm really glad everyone here was able to keep you motivated to finish.  Plus, we all learned something here - that demons can't count.  :tongue: 

It's because of all those heads and eyes! So confusing.

I'm glad to hear that things are calming down at work, and if things get busy again I wouldn't mind taking over some of the pep-talk and counting (ha!) duties or something else, if you need support. I know it's a lot easier said than done and I know it's just words from a stranger on the internet but please be careful, because stress is an absolute killer (I had to quit my job and was completely knackered for around six months a couple of years ago due to stress and I don't think I'll ever really be at the level I was before, honestly).

7 hours ago, Antarius said:

Progress is good! Is it going to be Alpha Legion?

It's going to be much darker by the time I'm done, which kind of stinks because I think that's the best blending I can remember doing. I finished the trim and put oils on last night, so I'm optimistic I can finish tonight (admittedly have been rushing these a good bit, need them ready for Saturday haha)

It's a knock off Sons of Horus 30k scheme that I've tweaked a bit with some help of local non color blind people lol

Edited by Boc

On 7/22/2024 at 6:16 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@gaurdian31 - Good work on the cultists, and its great to see them all together.  Eagerly awaiting your work on the rest of the vow.

Thanks! Been a bit overly blessed by Nurgle the last few days so painting has slowed down quite a bit. I have started on my possessed and hope to have some progress pics by weeks end.

Last year I failed to complete a pledge. Hopefully I'll do better this year. I will only make 1 pledge this year and here it is....

"I, Tallarn Commander, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint "Voidrage," a squad of 10 Khorne Bloodletters for 10 points for the Glory of Chaaaoooossss (Daemons)!!!! and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

image.thumb.png.29eaacb8401def9164d808b7ef84afc1.png

image.thumb.png.92ff1fa2ec3ac872b68254b66e4937c1.png

Next step: add jewelers chain and prime.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

On 7/22/2024 at 11:38 PM, Antarius said:

I'm glad to hear that things are calming down at work, and if things get busy again I wouldn't mind taking over some of the pep-talk and counting (ha!) duties or something else, if you need support. 

Thanks Antarius, its appreciated.  I should be good, though - I don't have anything big or stressful that I foresee in the next 1.5 months but I'll be sure to call on you if I do.

I was wondering if you could give us a close up photo of your guy on the floating disk - I'm interested in seeing him in greater detail than he was in the group shot.

Even though I'm almost done, since I've been promising for a while, here's an updated photo on my cute little crab tank:

DJtKrYt.jpg

More photos are here if anyone is interested.

I, Kharn13, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint Angronius of Nuceria, The Red Angel, Lord of the Red Sands, Daemon Primarch of Khorne and the World Eaters for 10 pts for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes Forum and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

IMG_1282.jpeg

Some amazing work going on and being completed here! As I said earlier Nurgle blessed me a bit too much so not very much progress this week. I got some work in on one of the possessed, will hopefully have more time next week as I have a friend coming in from out of town this weekend. Anyway here's a picture of what I have gotten done on the possessed.

Spoiler

large.CtAPossessedUpdate.jpg.24b2177b54b

5 minutes ago, gaurdian31 said:

Some amazing work going on and being completed here! As I said earlier Nurgle blessed me a bit too much so not very much progress this week. I got some work in on one of the possessed, will hopefully have more time next week as I have a friend coming in from out of town this weekend. Anyway here's a picture of what I have gotten done on the possessed.

Hide contents

large.CtAPossessedUpdate.jpg.24b2177b54b

Always an Ultramarine and rightly so! Great stuff

3 minutes ago, gaurdian31 said:

When painting Word Bearers I feel like they would be the only real choice for trophies. Also thanks! Can't wait to see Angron painted up! I really like the model.

Thanks bud, I had a little practice run on Skarbrand so I’m feeling happy with the process. Time will be the issue though, summer is looking busy! 

IMG_1730.jpeg

Big one incoming! Figured I might as well do it now before I lose a week traveling for a family reunion. Who knows, might be able to paint some of the basic bolter guys on the road.

I, Cryptix, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 40 bolter legionnaires, 10 special weapon legionnaires, 20 havocs, 10 chosen, 40 cultists, a chaos lord, 2 masters of execution, a sorcerer, and a helbrute for 143 points for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes forum and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

Spoiler

20240726_091448.thumb.jpg.e5c589ef9d159c52cb99fab8448d355e.jpg

20240726_090351.thumb.jpg.78e5c16358d87dde725527549e255f76.jpg

20240726_083923.thumb.jpg.d51836a7d5e87899767178ad593b9240.jpg

And the jobs a big un vow

I, Cryptix, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint a greater brass scorpion of khorne for 10 points for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes forum and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

Spoiler

20240726_092604.thumb.jpg.68246d35e684b64c8ed85e2b5a0835f4.jpg

If you couldn't tell, not everything's assembled so I can alternate between building and painting for my sanity :blush:.