=] Call to Arms: Imperium Stronghold [=

Posted (edited)

large.StrongholdTopper.png.00c6f0926c18f

Call to Arms Imperium Stronghold Update #2

Two Months down, one to go. It is time for everyone to start wrapping up their Vows, and securing your points, especially those on subsequent vows.

Currently claiming the top spot, with the most completed points is the Imperial Knights, with 119pts completed out of 132pts, focusing on finishing up outstanding

vows and earning 100% Completion rate should be the Knights goal now.

The Angels of Death currently hold the second position with 100pts completed. Unlike the Knights, the Astartes have a massive pool of points

yet to be locked in. The Astartes have the most to gain, and the most to lose...

Next up, in third we have the Adepta Sororitas with 70pts out of 70pts locked in, currently at the 100% Completion Rate. 

The Adeptus Mechanicus are still hot on the heels of the Sisters, having the completed 69pts, out of 101pts, much like the Knights, wrapping up those

last points to secure that 100% Completion should be the goal.

The Imperium of Mankind has 35pts out of an available 134pts, a pool large enough to secure second within the Stronghold should

those Completions continue to roll in.

Securing the Rear, the Astra Militarum have completed 23pts from a potential 98pts, again, a pool large enough to get them on the podium.

Although the Astartes have a significant lead in pledged points, they still need to deliver the good. As for the remaining Forums, 

all are within striking distance and could easily earn their place in the Annuals of Victory.

Edited by Grotsmasha

I needed to knock together another 2 armigers for Iron Gauntlet, so might as well earn another 8 points.

I, NovemberIX, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 2 Armigers for 8pts for the Glory of Imperial Knights and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

Qh3itfW.jpeg

I woulda vowed the canis rex pilot too, but I forgot to get a picture before I started putting down paint.

I, Sgtsharp, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint the following for 115pts for the Glory of The Inquisition and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

2 Inquisitors (10 pts)

Lord inquisitor Coteaz (the good one) (5 pts)

Nork Deddog (5 pts)

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator armour (5pts)

2 commisars (10 pts)

28 tempestus scions (28pts)

2 Tempestor prime (2pts)

12 zone Mortalis Columns (12 pts)

10 Zone Mortalis Walls (20 pts)

4 Zone mortalis Doors (8 pts I think, same size as the walls)

a Skyshield landing pad (10 pts)

20240827_191407[1].jpg

20240827_191415[1].jpg

Well, this went pretty quick, it's amazing how quick you can knock something out when you're not working on 10 of them at a time. And just like that, vow 2 is done. There was a real fun incident while I was painting though, my bottle of french blue blew up in my hands when I tried to squeeze out some paint out of a clogged nozzle. You can just see a few streaks of blue on the tile.

OnBz29v.jpeg

The interesting thing about these counts-as warglaives is that for Iron Gauntlet I needed to make three custom units and data-cards. The two Armigers originally sported different armament, which can be seen over in my Iron Gauntlet thread in the liber. In the middle is said Knight Preceptor pilot with a headswap. Honestly, painting something that small really pushed my eyes, but I'm glad I've done it, means I can do it again, and next time might be a bit better.

My second vow is now complete. 

But even if there are technically 2 weeks and a half left, I will not dare placing a third vow - I have too much extra hobby commitments these next days to focus more on painting. May be will I be able to paint a few SW wolves in Sept but even that is unsure... So, untill I have e clearer view on my planning, let's say CTA24 is probably over for me now... I encourage & support  all of you:  we are entering in the last lap! To brushes & paintpots lads!

Well, folks I’m not gonna lie.  I’ve tried my best to make every model in my vow look as good as I could to the best of my ability whether that be good or bad.  Until this drop pod.  I hate this model.  I hated putting it together and I hated painting it.  It’s good enough to call done.

IMG_1519.thumb.jpeg.b7cd3699037879ff010a1dbca444a993.jpegIMG_1520.thumb.jpeg.578997e6427a228de4dbf9af4786a4d0.jpeg

My vow is complete.  I’m going to try another and get some Deathwing done.

Vow Complete…….

IMG_1527.thumb.jpeg.3163ae459cc21c05c2325238e6d52670.jpeg

Edited by crimsondave
Picture change

"I, crimsondave, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 20 Deathwing Terminators, 4 teleport homers, 3 Terminator Chaplains, 1 Terminator Librarian, and 1 Terminator Captain for 49 points for the Glory of The Lion and the Emperor, and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

IMG_1523.thumb.jpeg.29d800862642b13632a33abaa057da47.jpegIMG_1526.thumb.jpeg.8c6452005f5a270dd03cc8d96ad805c3.jpegIMG_1525.thumb.jpeg.b9ba81655b17b58d4b0adb7a2b36dd5b.jpeg

Edited by crimsondave

I, steamboat28, young blood, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 Intercessors (10 pts) and three Outriders (6 pts) for 16 points for the Glory of the the Raven Guard, the Adeptus Astartes, and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 17th September 2024, or bear the badge of failure until years end.

IMG_20240831_124433449.jpg

Edited by steamboat28

I, Dr. Clock, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 1 Deathwatch Techmarine, 1 Deathwatch Captain with Jump Pack, 2 Deathwatch veterans and 1 Deathwatch Vanguard Veteran for 16 points for the Glory of the Inquisition on or before 17th September 2024 or bear the badge of failure until year's end.

large.AuldMalleus_Vow1.jpg.c0adf47cc09de

NOTE/QUERY TO MODS: Leftmost model is not vowed because I'm only painting the new hammer on him... Otherwise, I will be painting over the parts that still show paint from previous iterations - three at right and the metals on tech backpack - Do you want more documentation of that or will you accept these 5 as 'vowable' in present state?

ALSO - hammer boi centre right will be my conversion contest entry : )

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.