Celestian Sacresant Aveline: Model & Novel (Daemonbreaker)

21 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

Lovely model, but it weirds me out that they keep putting out centerpiece models for new/unknown characters instead of established fan-favorites. 

At one point, all the fan favourites were new or unknown :biggrin:

There's not too many established fan favourites that;

A) Don't already have a model

B) Still have a storyline in modern 40k, are being continued by BL or even want to be continued by the Author

I'm expecting that if this Character actually gets rules for 40k, they'll be Legends rules.

If not, then this Character was very well hidden in the pixelated contents page the various forums and reddits have been analysing. 

26 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

B) Still have a storyline in modern 40k, are being continued by BL or even want to be continued by the Author

I mean this novel is set during the Fall of Cadia so it's not exactly the most up to date

Cain also meets this criteria then, and so do others but regardless

It's not a bad model, I don't love the fire effects but that's ok. The model overall is pretty decent I think

It took me a moment to realise she was wearing a hood. At first I thought she just had really weird hair. :laugh:

Don't love the sword but a surpassingly fancy model otherwise!

I am also chuckling like a madman at the idea of the Sacred Rose getting a named beatstick-looking character before Bloody Rose lol.

1 hour ago, Evil Eye said:

Lovely model, though the paintjob is doing the face no favours at all, and the flame effect is kinda corny. Works for art, not so much for a miniature. Still a nice model.

The face on the model actually looks better to me than the face in the art.

On a related note, this particular artist is always good but for some reason his stuff looks "thin" to me. Like the armor is pressed right up to the skin or something. Maybe because it is modeled after more realistic historical plate armor than bulky fiction armor.

Posted (edited)

My sisters been on the back burner for a while, and I don't even know who this character is, but dang, that's the order I picked and the model is dope.

Definately getting her.

2 hours ago, RedFox said:

I love everything about it! Even though sisters didn't really need another character...

Isn't this the first non-Order-of-Our-Martyred-Lady-character released? That's a bit like saying Marines don't need more characters than this after taking a look at the Ultramarines roster...

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Very cool model.

But why aren't GW focusing more on iconic heroes from the existing stories?

If by "More Iconic heroes" you mean MOAR Marines, let me be the first to say, not thanks, I'm very glad other factions are getting attention.

I really like this model. I like the idea of "characters" who are members of units. A sacressant character is a really cool idea. But I will say it bums me out that they waited for an edition where subfactions don't matter to give us a character that wasn't from the Order of our Martyred Lady. If the rumours are correct, we aren't even getting a detachment that adequately reflects the serenity of the Sacred Rose.

This character would have meant so much more and been so much better with 9th ed rule set.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

1 minute ago, ThePenitentOne said:
13 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Very cool model.

But why aren't GW focusing more on iconic heroes from the existing stories?

If by "More Iconic heroes" you mean MOAR Marines, let me be the first to say, not thanks, I'm very glad other factions are getting attention.

I feel Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium is overdue a tabletop presence.
His 20th anniversary came and went with almost no fanfare at all.

Let us field him in our armies like we can field Gaunt's Ghosts.

24 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

My sisters been on the back burner for a while, and I don't even know who this character is, but dang, that's the order I picked and the model is dope.

Definately getting her.

Isn't this the first non-Order-of-Our-Martyred-Lady-character released? That's a bit like saying Marines don't need more characters than this after taking a look at the Ultramarines roster...

I think the High Lord isn't originally Martyred Lady, Ebon Chalice if I go by memory but I could be wrong.

Not sure of she counts though.

And the Triumpth of St. Katherine is the Angry Nun UN iirc.