Bjorn and the Tempering vs Ultima Founding

Posted (edited)

At the end of Battle of the Fang, Bjorn was very specific that he would have destroyed the Tempering himself had Magnus not because it was not what Russ would have wanted. 

Casual research has not shown anything that would reflect he would have any different view about the Ultima Founding.

My opinion is that he would have even less tolerance for the Ultima Founding considering it was pushed by Roboute and others “off-world”.  Yes, the new Primaris successors have been embraced by Grimnar, but we see how even the jarls and new Great Wolf did defer to Bjorn in the novel. 

thoughts?

Edited by Grimtooth

Both were manipulations of the gene seed;

The Tempering was to remove all the negatives of the Canis Helix while keeping all the positives and allow for creation of successor chapters. 

The Ultima Founding was to create a new evolution of Astartes, bigger, stronger, and faster, to face the new threats of the Imperium. 

And as mentioned, Bjorn was against it when it was attempted by Wolf Priest Wyrmblade, inside the Fang. It could be assumed that Bjorn would be even more against the Ultima Founding pushed by outsiders like Cawl/Roboute. 

It's a possibility and one that I had hoped would be better explored but GW had to push their rescale so it got a bit glossed over.

I think the primary difference between the two is call only added, while wyrmbkade was only subtracting.  I think Bjorn was likely more worried about losing a key part of the chapter identify than modification on the whole.