Scale 75 paint lids cracking?

Anyone else experienced this?

It doesn’t look like a big crack in the lid, but my face and clothes look like I’ve been in a Dwarven Gold Slaanesh party. And several other lids seem to have gone the same way.

I don’t think I’m over-tightening them either. Weird, and frustrating.

IMG_4773.jpeg

I’ve emailed Scale 75 asking if they can supply any new lids for me. Hopefully they can provide spares, I’d hate to have to throw these paints out - these metallics are so good!

Vallejo lids do fit the Scale 75 bottles, but that doesn’t really help too much. If I put Vallejo lids on Scale 75 paints, I’d have then just have Vallejo paints without lids. I don’t have any empty Vallejo lids around.

Speed paint a bunch of models with the Vallejo paints so you've got some empty bottles? :laugh: 

More seriously, I was thinking it might have been an option if you could find empty Vallejo-style bottles online for not very much? (it seems like a bit of a waste, but I use them for water for the airbrush, etc, so they don't really need the lid for that)

Scale 75 responded. It’s a known problem with a previous supplier apparently. They’re sending out a complete set of lids free of charge, which is nice of them, especially as they’re sending from Spain to the UK.

I’ve got some similar dropper bottles I use for water/thinner for the airbrush, but they’re not Vallejo type lids sadly. And I really don’t paint fast enough to empty Vallejo bottles on demand :laugh:

I also had some of their new lids that did that to me.  I tried to repair them initially, having gotten them in the U.S., but the plastic didn’t glue very well.  I opted for swapping out some washed out Vallejo lids from some Game Colors that had dried up, as well as a couple of the Army Painter empty bottle lids (never got around to mixing big batches of color), so can confirm that both those do work in case anyone needs.

I much prefer any of the Monument Hobby, AK Interactive 3rd Gen, or Vallejo/Army Painter type lids to the new Scale75 ones.  Clearly they had some design flaws in them - it looks like it’s got a fairly thin and weak area around the nub that seals inside the tip of the paint bottle and it cracks with just a bit of additional pressure from the tip, even if you don’t think you are over-tightening them.

Glad they were able to get you fixed up, SkyPotato!

Edited by Bryan Blaire