Space wolves after BD and MFM

Change to Lord of deceit impacts SW because of Bjorn

This video explains how we can leverage it pretty well (full disclaimer...it is from the community I play TTS at)

https://youtu.be/dEv8XGleq7A?si=KUQC5hxilrXYLNxY

Vect is now an offensive tool to shut down defensive tricks 

Bjorn can bully his way into a crowd and shut down lots of tools that would hurt our melee

-heroic

-interrupt 

-armor of contempt

etc.

12 hours ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Looks like apothecary biologist off the menu. App making me take him out of lists and there was an errata for space marines added today too which states in SM Army Rule “Apothecary” units can’t be space wolves which biologist has it as a keyword. Previously it was only under champions of Russ detachment. 

this makes me sad...the aggressor bomb was the winner from my trials and worked well in a SW melee focus list

glad the Eliminator jank was fixed...Centurions are my replacement now

The Biologis nerf is the most painful one here. I haven't paid much attention to Champions of Russ since launch, for obvious reasons, and every non-Stormlance list I've been fooling around with has used the AB. My Aggressors and even my Heavy Intercessors will miss him badly, especially in that detachment. Hope they issue a "LT with Gravis Armor" model soon to fill this extremely obvious niche, and give the AB something more Apothecary-y to do.

15 minutes ago, TiguriusX said:

Are we sure the Biologis is banned?  

image.png.d1361c7baafad319b9b520fb5eb4d7f3.png

Apothecary "unit" doesn't seem to include a Biologis

Go to the app & try to add one to a Wolves list, any detachment. If GW didn't mean to remove them then they should update app (again).

31 minutes ago, TheNicronomicon said:

Go to the app & try to add one to a Wolves list, any detachment. If GW didn't mean to remove them then they should update app (again).

I see it...either the app programmer screwed up or they will update the rules

But until we know the printed rules trump the GW app

Screenshot_20240621_171251_WH 40K.jpg

Lets switch to positive and think of good combos going forward

I am looking at CoR for the first time ever.

I like a captain with black death holding a MC power sword in a unit of AI

Why MC power sword instead of a PF

Because S5 doesn't matter with black death...I need the extra attack

If I need to kill a monster/vehicle I activate finest hour

I now have 9 attacks with 4+ dev wounds and rerolls from AI

Every 4+ to wound is a dev wound thanks to finest hour and does 2 damage

I also have likely selected warrior born saga turn 1 for sustain and advance + charge

The black death captain can basically auto kill any monster/vehicle to achieve saga of beastslayer using this combo

You will get 10+ hits

You should get 6+ wounds (that is 12 damage that can't be saved)

If the target is on an objective then full rerolls give you even more dev wounds

3 hours ago, TiguriusX said:

I like a captain with black death holding a MC power sword in a unit of AI

Why MC power sword instead of a PF

Because S5 doesn't matter with black death...I need the extra attack

I would go for either Thunder Hammer or put it on a Judiciar. That way against Monsters or Vehicles, you will be getting Devastating Wounds on a 4+ so suddenly both their armour and invulnerable saves become irrelevant. Not quite as many attacks but they are much more likely to get through any defenses. Power Swords/Fists don't have Dev Wounds natively and Black Death does not provide them, it just gives the Anti-4+. 

Edited by Karhedron

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

I would go for either Thunder Hammer or put it on a Judiciar. That way against Monsters or Vehicles, you will be getting Devastating Wounds on a 4+ so suddenly both their armour and invulnerable saves become irrelevant. Not quite as many attacks but they are much more likely to get through any defenses. Power Swords/Fists don't have Dev Wounds natively and Black Death does not provide them, it just gives the Anti-4+. 

Finest hour (captain ability) provides DEV WOUNDS on all melee attacks

It is once per game but you also get +3 attacks to go along with it

It puts the captain to 8 (PF/TH) or 9 (MC power sword) total attacks with the possibility of sustained hits giving you even more

The captain has the potential to 1 shot big targets like a LRR.  If you can get full RR you may even drop a knight

The judiciar can't spike as high on offense but does provide constant dev wounds over multiple turns

I don't expect melee units to survive long enough to make multiple attacks so once per game isn't a big negative to me

On 6/21/2024 at 7:26 PM, TiguriusX said:

Are we sure the Biologis is banned?  

image.png.d1361c7baafad319b9b520fb5eb4d7f3.png

Apothecary "unit" doesn't seem to include a Biologis

I read it as Biologis is still usable as the Black Templars exclusions say "Psyker models", so I would think if they meant both they'd say Apothecary models. We definitely need clarification on that.

If we score Saga of Majesty, doesn’t that mean our Fenrisian Wolves and Wulfen can start performing actions under the new rules? idk if it would be good but it would definitely be funny to flood the board with a bunch of wolves and werewolves and suddenly have them turn into special forces field operatives. Suits Champions’ melee focus too. 

12 minutes ago, TheNicronomicon said:

If we score Saga of Majesty, doesn’t that mean our Fenrisian Wolves and Wulfen can start performing actions under the new rules? idk if it would be good but it would definitely be funny to flood the board with a bunch of wolves and werewolves and suddenly have them turn into special forces field operatives. Suits Champions’ melee focus too. 

Wulfen can still perform actions as long as they have the launchers and OC1. Fenrisian Wolves I don't believe so as one of the bulletpoints says they can't perform actions if "(the unit) is not eligible to shoot this phase".

Greetings all! Been so excited this past week brewing I forgot to pop into The Fang. 

CoR is finally playable and I am beyond happy, I get to play with our army rules and not White Scars-R-Us 

The choice on which Saga to go first I think is very debatable and ultimately comes down to matchup and preference. I think Bear actually makes a lot of sense as we have so many tools to get the other two, having some durability to start could help us close that gap. Lets not kid ourselves this detachment is a melee one so we have to look at it through that lens. Bear giving us durability and a better Runic Wards turn one into heavy shooting or mortal wound opponents could be very good. With frost weapons, judiciars, and Arjac we can get Warriorborn relatively consistently, as well as murderfang just mulching a unit and its characters. Beastlayer may be a bit tougher but still we have ways with Black Death + any dev wounds source, and again Murderfang or even Bjorn tackling something. 

Alternatively, going with either of the two offensive Saga's unlocks some powerful strats. With relentless assault offering advance and charge or go for the throat offering ap and lance, either of these saga's first is valid! 

The hardest part when it comes to CoR building is the ratio of characters to the rest of your army. You still want plenty to get the others, while not spending almost half your points on said characters :sweat:

Regardless I am just happy to see our detachment finally after a year be an option and not a joke. 

And for anyone who still wants to play stormlance, all is not lost. Sure multi using Ride Hard Ride Fast a turn was nice to protect from shooting, but now you can slingshot a unit 19" + charge on turn 1 with new rites of battle. 20pts on TWC does sting but lets be honest, we knew it was coming. We ended Leviathan as top dawwwwwgs  Drop those wulfen and fill in the points with some battleline or support pieces and keep locking people in wolf jail! 

Edited by Kassill