June 2024 Balance Datasheet (rules) + Munitorum Field Manual (points)

N1SB

Our Necrons, and I like how I hang out with you guys here now btw, was super-straight-forward (I like that, too)

+++++

Balance Datasheet: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/ny8X1C4lLKnA8w5d.pdf

image.png.e0c2526d21c742b3c4d0548f4d16592d.png

TL;DR - C'tan Shards can't teleport via the Hypercrypt Detachment Stratagem, as Brother Trawling Cleanser pointed out in News & Rumours.

The Transcendant C'tan has her own teleport move, and I've seen non-Hypercrypt tourney lists use her presumably for that reason, so she's back to why we chose her over the other Shards.  The Deceiver has a re-deploy 3 units ability that can still move other C'tan, but he's still meh to me.

+++++

Munitorum Field Manual: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/t6fTGEpj0eXdxJLG.pdf

image.thumb.png.94d52c854e7d87e626c973843168acea.png

The points increases were super-predictable this time:

• Canoptek Doomstaker UP 10 points per model
  • Canoptek Wraiths UP 5 points per model

In this Monster- and Vehicle-friendly edition, the Doomstalker was the go-to Anti-Monster/Vehicle (followed by the Void Dragon).  I doubt the points increase will change anyone's mind, just adds a wrinkle to list-building.  Likewise with Wraiths, people will still take the blobs of 6 with a Technomancer.  It wasn't like a case of where they nerfed Wraiths while buffing the Troops in other ways.

We also lost all the Forge World stuff except the Seraptek I think. So no more of the coolest looking models in the game because Forge World is dying a slow death. Necrons aren't my competitive army, so it's not that big a deal to have them in Legends for me, except that I'm sad the models won't be available anymore. Really hoping we get plastic versions at some point, they are such a cool kit. 

On 6/25/2024 at 2:42 PM, Tawnis said:

We also lost all the Forge World stuff except the Seraptek I think. So no more of the coolest looking models in the game because Forge World is dying a slow death. Necrons aren't my competitive army, so it's not that big a deal to have them in Legends for me, except that I'm sad the models won't be available anymore. Really hoping we get plastic versions at some point, they are such a cool kit. 

Didn't see that those points were missing. That might be an error, since theyre still in the app and AFAIK no one else had stuff go to legends in these updates

Edit: nvm, theyre all listed in the legends pdf now. That's annoying as hell

Edited by Tyriks