New BA rumour (Valrak).

Brother Raul

Hail Brothers and Sisters,

Just saw the new Valrak rumour blog and it doesn't sound all roses.

-New Astorath & Lemartes models. Just don't see the point in both of these; if we miss out on a new SP because of this I'd be quite annoyed.

-New Captain model. Unexpected but wouldn't suprise me. Will probably have better rules than Dante.

-New Sanguinary guard. This is the one I really wanted as should be an amazing sculpt with current designs*.

Apparently it they have a halebard which is a huge plus and in line with our Dawnbringers 30k special unit. Should give us something extra on current heirloom glaives.

Apparently packs of 3 (inner circle DA got the same and would explain the huge points decrease recently-squads of 3-6 only).

Finally, and which worries me the most, they don't have wings. Hard to believe and hopefully completely wrong. Could be amazing but I own celestial grey, ulthan Grey, White scar and corax for a reason, might need to kit bash which would be hugely disappointing.

Also much later release, around November and a big box and little box (DC Dread & Lemartes + JPI and Sanguinary Guard plus new captain in little box).

This fits GWs historical release pattern for the like and all sounds very plausible if not solid.

1 hour ago, Brother Raul said:

This fits GWs historical release pattern for the like and all sounds very plausible if not solid.

Agreed.

The Lion (Technically prior to the DA refresh but probably was originally supposed to be closer to simultaneous release) > the Sanguinor

Belial > Astorath

Asmodai > Lemartes

ICC > Sang Guard

Deathwing Knights > ???

Deathwing Terminators > Death Company

The new captain feels wrong. I'm not sure why they'd release a chapter specific captain, when they haven't really done anything like that for anyone else so far, so I'm just hoping that's a mistake from Valraks sources and that's the Sanguinary Priest.

We are also missing a new unit; Sang Guard could probably be switched to be DWK, since it's a sculpt refresh. So it'd be nice to get a new unit as well.

We shall see!

25 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I’m sad we’re losing SG wings apparently, but the halberd option, should translate nicely to the tridents I have waiting for more use.

I know what you mean. Maybe it is time to buy some existing wings from bitz websites so that we can convert them.

On the other hand, SG wings are incredibly fragile with their tiny connection points. I can probably cope with the loss in return for a more robust design.

its funny how horses are for courses.

I think the loss of wings is no biggy, I can get behind a design like dantes pack, but I dislike halberds and like swords so would have preferred swords :D

The captain thing I could see, because blood angels muscle armour. It's also our "new unit"

Im in the "agreed" camp on both astorath and lemartes, and personally would prefer a new astorath, his model has aged incredibly poorly, whilst the existing lemartes model is still one of the nicer marine sculpts available.

I always thought wed be the christmas release tbh, we have been that more often than no, so the release date thing doesnt surprise me.

Edited by Blindhamster

Unreasonable amounts of hopium: The "Captain" is more of a "Choose yourr own character" kit; A muscly sculpted jump pack kit that can be built as either a captain, a chaplain, a sanguinary priest, or maybe even an ancient.

For Sanguinary Guard, I can see them moving to 3-6 to fit in with witth other bodyguards like Companions or Deathshroud, but the loss of wings is probably solved the day of the announcement by 3d sculptors.

Added to what Valrak said, the new Captain is supposed to be based on the Captain that's on the Devastation of Baal book cover. But he's been told he's holding a chainsword instead of a power sword and the cape doesn't go across his nipples. I'm hoping there will be different weapon options in the kit as well.

Lemartes is supposed to look great but Astorath not so good. The bits I watched, Valrak didn't go into detail why he's disappointing.

Sanguinor isn't Primarch size as far as he's aware. I'm probably a little disappointed by this.

The upgrade kit contains a Evisorator that Death Company can use. There are also Terminator parts on the upgrade sprue, such as a BA power sword arm and BA Terminator chest armour. The kit also contains Inferno pistols.

3 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

its funny how horses are for courses.

I think the loss of wings is no biggy, I can get behind a design like dantes pack, but I dislike halberds and like swords so would have preferred swords :D

The captain thing I could see, because blood angels muscle armour. It's also our "new unit"

Im in the "agreed" camp on both astorath and lemartes, and personally would prefer a new astorath, his model has aged incredibly poorly, whilst the existing lemartes model is still one of the nicer marine sculpts available.

I always thought wed be the christmas release tbh, we have been that more often than no, so the release date thing doesnt surprise me.

I’m sure there will be a choice between swords and polearms.

i just hope we get enough of everything to build enough of the options given.

ICC have a banner, idk if it does anything in game though.

2 hours ago, Mostwanted said:

Added to what Valrak said, the new Captain is supposed to be based on the Captain that's on the Devastation of Baal book cover.

That could be cool!  I also hope it's just a "Heres a BA hero kit, do what you want with it." Because I looooove bashing different kits together to make my BA more bespoke. 

BA "Captain" might be another case of "not getting a good enough look" like that whole KillTeam Catachans thing was and it is in fact a Sanguinary Priest.

The Sanguinary Guard losing their wings is bad, but it could be that they're just not a separate part of the model and instead they get a Primaris version of the Jump Chappy's Wing-shaped Jump-pack (also it goes without saying they're getting Primaris'd if they haven't been already).

The Sanguinor not being Primarch scale makes sense, since he kinda isn't a Primarch. Hopefully tho he's not still somehow smaller than a Seraphim and actually looks like a centrepiece model on the tabletop (expect either a scenic base, a conveniently placed bit of rubble or both).

Also, regarding Astorath & Lemartes. I swear both of these guys were dead in current Lore.

This rumour does kinda Dash my hopes that the BA release would bring up newscale Assault Terminators tho :sad:.

On the topic of Sang Guard, if they don't have wings I'm almost certainly not buying them, I already don't like the design of the new jump packs, the flaps and the round intakes just do not work for me at all, and the ankle thrusters are just so unpleasant to look at, it honestly save me a bunch of money because rather than buying new kits of Jump Assault Intercessors i just got some of the ETB assault intercessors and the MK VII jump packs, looks so much better to my eyes and was like half the price.

The idea of Halberds is intriguing to me though, i love a good polearm, and they make sense for a melee weapon of flying infantry. 

Going 3-6 is unsurprising but disappointing to me, i was really hoping that they'd fill the lot of the DWK's as a resculpt and stay at 5/5-10. and that maybe we'd get something actually new to go in the ICC 3-6 slot. Unfortunately that ship seems to have sailed.

Regardless, I intend to get a couple more boxes of the current kit while it lasts, will probably build them for 30k primarily instead though.

I'd personally prefer a new Lemartes, simply because i have an Astorath model that i love already and don't need another. 

I am getting more and more concerned that Sang Priests will be going the way of the Interrogator Chaplains though, which i would find a real shame, still holding out some hope for a dual build Corbulo/Sang Priest kit though, also really really hoping that he'll have an option for a jump pack.

A bespoke captain would be a pleasant surprise, I hope that he'd come with a good variety of options, including a JP, but I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, ThaneOfTas said:

On the topic of Sang Guard, if they don't have wings I'm almost certainly not buying them, I already don't like the design of the new jump packs, the flaps and the round intakes just do not work for me at all, and the ankle thrusters are just so unpleasant to look at, it honestly save me a bunch of money because rather than buying new kits of Jump Assault Intercessors i just got some of the ETB assault intercessors and the MK VII jump packs, looks so much better to my eyes and was like half the price.

In your opinion, would the new style Primaris Jump-packs but with attached wings be acceptable?

Or a Seraphim/Zeraphim style Jump-Pack where the wings are innately part of the pack rather than separate bits glued on?

8 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

In your opinion, would the new style Primaris Jump-packs but with attached wings be acceptable?

Or a Seraphim/Zeraphim style Jump-Pack where the wings are innately part of the pack rather than separate bits glued on?

I could stomach the new jump packs with the wings, i'd be disappointed but if the rest of the kit is good enough i'd live with it.

Something Closer to the Seraphim/Zeraphim packs would be very cool too.

Honestly though, just the pack from the BA Jump Chaplain would be awesome, is a very similar design to the existing one, but with slightly less fragile wings.

32 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

That all sounds fine but what about a Redemptor chassis Librarian or Repemptor chassis Furioso?

Might not be a concern yet. The kits aren't that much older than the current Bjorn one and they may not be getting rid of that one this edition either.

40 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

That all sounds fine but what about a Redemptor chassis Librarian or Repemptor chassis Furioso?

I'm still guessing it's gonna be parts in the upgrade sprue for the brutalis in the alleged box. And since the rumours only ever focus on the models and rarely the rules it would be anyones guess right now how any extra dreadnought units shape up.

I'm not quite convinced that the person saw halberds. A halberd is simply an axe head and a hook on a long stick. Looking at the sang guard axes that come with the current kit you could almost lable them halberd, too. Anyway, I don't think it won't matter, as they surely will get 'sanguine weapons' with streamlined rules. 

Regarding the wings, I'll wait till I see the models. Dante looks great without and I can't remember how often they fell off. If they didn't integrate them into the jetpack, then I'm happy if they are gone. 

I've to say, that I grinded my teeth reading we'll prob get a BA power sword for terminator sergeants on the upgrade sprue. So, finally you are able to give a proper Powerfist to the seargent and we get a sword? We'll, thanks no. Wasted space. 

Eviscerator for DC sounds cool. Guess you can easily proxy it with a thunderhammer in a firstborn DC unit. 

Finally, I'll stay neutral to all the character resculpts till I've seen them, but I don't see the need for a bespoke captain right now. 

1 hour ago, Rhavien said:

Finally, I'll stay neutral to all the character resculpts till I've seen them, but I don't see the need for a bespoke captain right now. 

I kinda agree. Using parts from the upgrade sprue to decorate the standard Captain and Lt kits should be adequate. On the other hand, I quite like the DA kit for Captain Lazarus which can also build a generic Captain. 

My hope-against-hope was that we would see an upscaled Vanguard kit to go with the Leviathan Sternguard kit with the BA codex, there's still room for more elite, more expensive jetpack lads. I suppose the Sang-Guard fill that role well enough, just not as viable to spread around other marine forces. Ah well. 

Come ooooon full Death Company box, not just bits! Come ooooon!

3 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I kinda agree. Using parts from the upgrade sprue to decorate the standard Captain and Lt kits should be adequate. On the other hand, I quite like the DA kit for Captain Lazarus which can also build a generic Captain. 

Oh man I forgot Lazarus exists. We are definitely getting a bespoke captain. Damn.