Black Templar chest plastrons

Go to solution Solved by Marshal Reinhard,

Just curious, since those of you on here are very knowledgeable on the chapter .... One, there is no official chest plastron color for us right? Two, which color do you use on your black templars? I've used AP gunmetal and a brighter GW highlight, but I'm tempted to go a brass color?

Edit: I'm pretty strong on chapter lore (I've read everything BL has put on on them), but this is my first real go at collecting, painting, and playing Black Templars ;)

Edited by Helias_Tancred

• Solution
Posted (edited)

It's changed a lot.  Typically it's been a metal color, like silver, gold or brass more recently. White or bone. If you go way way back you can even find a time when chest colour was meant to signify company markings, but that hasn't been since our first codex.

I use white, which i find matches nicely with the shoulder pads

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

I always forget about this question because so many Templars have a tabard that hides the plastron.  lol.  i would try to keep it close to the tabard color you use so that they look similar collectively.  so mine tended to be a dirty white bone color.  but arguments for contrast are valid, just not my preference.