Codex: Imperial Agents + Coteaz Reveal + Chamber Militant Battleforces

I can not be the only one thinking that the proportions are actually fine.

Do you all think mortal power armour is gonna be super form fitting and representative of the person within it?coteaz-outline.thumb.png.f4eec44c78f3099f02ff243ae4c1945f.png

You can not tell me that the proportions are messed up (lack of artistic line drawing notwithstanding)

I'm all for human scaled power armour being less ornate than relics of the chapter. But like, contextually.

The poster boy for Inquisitor lord, with insane amounts of wealth and influence, who decided his armour should be gold to drive home his authority, shouldn't have plain armour. Especially since we know that it used to be artificed, both visually and in game terms. And the cover is there reminding us lmao.

21 minutes ago, RedFox said:

I hope there's more to the list of units you can take than the video shows. Because I didn't see navy breachers in there

from the article

The Imperialis Fleet Detachment can call upon a wide variety of support options to redeploy, avoid harm, and fight in close quarters. It’s a great way to experience the entire spectrum of an Imperial Agents army, as it has relatively few restrictions on who can be targeted by its Stratagems. This way, Assassins can fight alongside Rogue Traders, Inquisitors, and more as you wish, while Navy Breachers and Arbites enforcers single out critical objectives to secure At All Costs.

3 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Even in that drawing, his knees don't match up with the power armor's knees. So yeah, the proportions are messed up!

I roughly lined them up with the knee joints. The plate will of course be angled in front of the knee. Same way the shoulder plates are on top of the shoulders, instead of where the shoulders are.

4 minutes ago, Guiltysparc said:

I don't super understand how this works with Deathwatch...if you're playing a deathwatch army, are you supposed to use the space marine codex and this codex, or will there be a deathwatch codex coming later?

This is Deathwatch for 10th edition. You use the SM Codex and sprinkle in specific units from here. There won't be a pure DW Codex the way there is for GKs and Sisters.

3 minutes ago, Guiltysparc said:

I don't super understand how this works with Deathwatch...if you're playing a deathwatch army, are you supposed to use the space marine codex and this codex, or will there be a deathwatch codex coming later?

DW themed standard marines will need the standard marine codex. While the DW specific kits are in this one. Iirc that means buying two books as usual for DW.

His legs look really silly, and the lack of detail compared to the old model and the artwork is really odd.

The feel you are getting now comparing new large leg smooth Coteaz to old nicely detailed Coteaz is the same feel I get when I compare Primaris Marines to Classic Marines :laugh:

New codex should be good though, brings back memories of Deamonhunters and Witchhunters codices, good times.

You know, the more I look at this model the more I like him.

We don't need another sculpted, golden dude. I like Inquisitor Chungus.

Also - the battleforces are tempting!

Edit: I am a bit annoyed that the model is once again launching inside a box containing other kits. I own a lot of the contents of the Mallius battleforce already.

Edited by Orange Knight

6 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

You say that as if the sisters of battle aren't a thing

Sisters are bad in that regard, but if anything they are consistently bad in that regard

And honestly, chances are if they changed the proportions of the sisters armour to be less form fitting when they did the plastic refresh, people would've complained about the "messed up" proportions

Not going to say what I think of Cortez. :laugh:

Now for me the important part of this codex is that you can finally field an all Inquisitorial army but...I think it depends on how you can field said army. If you can mix and match units how you see fit running Deathwatch alongside Grey Knights or Sisters of Battle then awesome because that creates great narratives, but if you can only field an Ordo Xenos force or an Ordo Malleus force then it's not so interesting to me.

Shame no Inquisitorial Stormtroopers that I could see, that may have tempted me back.

Edited by Doghouse

17 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

His legs look really silly, and the lack of detail compared to the old model and the artwork is really odd.

The feel you are getting now comparing new large leg smooth Coteaz to old nicely detailed Coteaz is the same feel I get when I compare Primaris Marines to Classic Marines :laugh:

New codex should be good though, brings back memories of Deamonhunters and Witchhunters codices, good times.

Exactly, the leg detail, cross, and he has hair now?

What the frankfurter:facepalm::sad:

7 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Will be interesting if Sisters and GKs in this book have different points to the same units as part of full Sisters or GK armies

I would guess not and assume that they will use the MFM to keep them in line but I could be wrong. I am just trying to decide which faction gets to supply infantry support to my Imperial Knights.