Decreasing Quality in Mega limited Editions

Krelious

I'd just like to say ive been disappointed in the last two Mega Limited Editions of Battle for Cadia and Morvenn Vahl, the books themselves are nice but the extra bits dont qualify the higher price point of more than double a normal limited edition book.  Ahriman Eternal was worth it as you get lots of good stuff in it and the box it comes in itself is a work of art but these new limited editions are just hard boxes that dont really look like much and as for the Morgan Vahl one all you get are some textured art prints that are also inside the book of saints. 

I'd hope at least if GW wants to make mega limited editions id prefer if they just sold the normal limited edition by itself, I mean this seems like a cheap tactic to get fans to spend extra money on stuff they want while not providing any real value for the extra cost. I mean maybe with the Morgan Vahl one they could have given us a candle or some prayer beads as well, something flavourful that gives an extra experience. Giving me a stupid box, a small pamphlet and some art cards is not worth the price of another limited edition +10$. I know some people might say I have the option of say not buying it but I rather like the limited editions and the point im making is that I feel to a degree like im being strong armed into paying extra for things that are not the same quality as previous other limited editions and I feel like thats a fair criticism to make.  I dont think GW is in the poor house. 

47 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

If they came wirh a model of the protagonist you couldn't get elsewhere, then they'd make money hand over fist.

They already make a lot of money from BL but they are not good at Ltd Editions. Just look at the mess that happened with the Siege of Terra Ltd series with scalpers hoarding the last few books to try and drive up the prices for people just trying to complete their sets.

GW already get accused of bad form on the FOMO front. Can you imagine the howls of outrage if people could not get both the book and model because of Ltd edition and scalpers?