White Dwarf's Pariah Nexus Crusade Rules

Hey folks- a post for the Crusaders.

Issue 502 of White Dwarf advertised Crusade content for Pariah Nexus, which surprised me, given that there's a whole book of that already. I was expecting something like the types of stuff we've seen before- setting specific content, or perhaps different faction combinations (like Torchbearers or Armies of Faith).

But what it turned out to be were rules for adapting the Pariah Nexus Mission deck to facilitate Crusade play- so for example, ways to score all the Secondaries as Agendas, requisitions and Crusade blessings that reference or leverage the deck.

I found this very helpful (if not terribly inspired). When Crusade was created, GW stated that Crusade Armies could be played against Matched Players in pick-up games, but that was never really entirely true; if you were playing Crusade, you'd need to work Agendas, but your matched play opponent is working secondaries. While there are similarities between some of the Secondaries and some of the Agendas, it was never as smooth as GW pitched it.

But with this system, it's workable; as I said, not terribly inspired... But I do think it's an important addition to the system.