No, that's awful news! 

Fat Bloke was such a massive part of my childhood as Editor of White Dwarf! 

Honestly, in my opinion that was White Dwarf's golden age, as well as Warhammer in general. I loved seeing his White Scars armies appearing in the magazine. 

That's genuinely made me sad. 

'Fat Bloke' was the best editor for WD and I loved his articles, especially when he built his Chaos warband. Ahhh such good memories! What an absolute loss to our hobby and to his family. 

Such terrible news, my heart goes out to you and your family. 

I'll treasure his old articles even more now. 

*raise a salute* 

I do remember him fondly from WD and loved his White Scars , i remember reading one of the articles many years ago and reading that he lost the game but was going to commiserate himself with a Chip Butty (being an Aussie and non UK person i was like what the hell is a Chip Butty ??? but when I found out I went and made myself one :laugh:)

So I will say Thankyou Paul Sawyer AKA Fat Bloke for your wonderful work at GW and making me love White Scars and for Introducing me to Chip Butty's :wub:

Cheers, Mithril 

I do remember him fondly from WD and loved his White Scars , i remember reading one of the articles many years ago and reading that he lost the game but was going to commiserate himself with a Chip Butty (being an Aussie and non UK person i was like what the hell is a Chip Butty ??? but when I found out I went and made myself one :laugh:)

So I will say Thankyou Paul Sawyer AKA Fat Bloke for your wonderful work at GW and making me love White Scars and for Introducing me to Chip Butty's :wub:

Cheers, Mithril 

I can't remember all the battle reports he participate in, but I seem to remember he wasn't always winning but he always had a good time! So perhaps he always won?

Love your memory. 

There's an increasingly short list of names remembered from long ago. I think fondly of those battle reports. Even to this day my old friends recall fat bloke. Thanks for all the memories Paul Sawyer. I suppose none of us really know when our number is up. I'll see if I can't scrounge up old white dwarf issues on eBay. I hope GW does a nice write up on him. 

Yes, it is a terrible thing. The bright side I suppose is that he is able to plan for his death and to ensure he and his family make the most of what time he has left. I too have many great memories of his time at White Dwarf and articles such as the Tale of Four Gamers or his series on his Chaos Warrior army led by Vradchuk. His stuff was inspirational - still is!