Christmas Battleforce Predictions/Hopes

Flaherty

A Necron army box would be very welcome for me, I'm just getting towards finishing what I have left to paint of my current lot so Christmas would be the perfect time to expand the dynasty. So long as the box isn't full of wraiths (I just don't care for them). Drukhari would also be also be great, I have plenty in my backlog and though I'm usually not keen to add to the pile I'd gladly make an exception for Drukhari.

Not sure how likely Drukhari are though, the long gap since their last box makes me think it could happen but besides Mandrakes they haven't had anything new of late to get people excited about. The current plastic sets all hold up really well but I'm sure GW would want some new and flashy in there too.

Tau do seem quite likely, I'd think GSC and Craftworlds have a good shot too.

Personally I think it's unlikely that an army that got a Battleforce Box this year as part of a codex release will get one, so I'd rule out Orks, Custodes, GSC, CSM, Sisters and Agents. 

T'au (not Kroot) definitely seems plausible and a Chaos mirror of the Knights box would be cool. I also think the suggestion of Aelderi is a good one though with their Codex on the horizon you could see Drukhari instead?

Then of course the customary Marine box. Given we had a bike themed one then a jump themed one, perhaps something a bit more Chonky? Aggressors, inceptors and Eradicators perhaps with a Gladiator in support?

My guess:

Drukhari

Tau

two flavours of space marine (Dark Angels and Space Wolves to really call my shot)

Chaos knights

Necrons

Ad Mech

Of course I’ll be smashing f5 all October and keeping fingers crossed for Thousand Sons, but not particularly hopeful Chaos is going to get its big love session until this time next year. 

My guess:

Drukhari

Tau

two flavours of space marine (Dark Angels and Space Wolves to really call my shot)

Chaos knights

Necrons

Ad Mech

Of course I’ll be smashing f5 all October and keeping fingers crossed for Thousand Sons, but not particularly hopeful Chaos is going to get its big love session until this time next year. 

Probably wouldn't do a Thousand Sons one again so soon after the magnus box of 2022. Though if Emperor's children get released in summer, I can see them getting an Xmas box next year with Fulgrim in it (bet he won't be in the initial army box)

Agree with @Vassakov that Orks, Custodes, GSC, CSM, Sisters and Agents are unlikely to get boxes this year after having had them with their codex releases.

- Tau - would be a good pairing with the Kroot release and they've done a lot of them in the past. I could see them themed around the Shadowsun or Farsight characters

- Chaos Knights - More a hope, but it just seems like a simple idea to copy the imperial box of '22. Also, they released two CSM boxes this year, and three traitor legion BFs over the last two years. If they want a Chaos Box it's this or Daemons.

- Ultramarines or DA - I don't think they'll do both, but given they've done a box for DG/WE/TS with their Primarchs, it feels inevitable the loyalists will get a similar treatment

Beyond those Aeldari, Drukhari, and Necrons could all make an appearance, but I'd be surprised if there were four Xenos boxes. Admech to represent the Imperium.

All that said, the Battleforce launch boxes make this year really unpredictable. I wouldn't be shocked if there were some curveballs, like the non-divergent chapter boxes from 22. 

I think it's safe to say the marines will be represented again in some fashion. Not sure if it'll be generic or chapter based (they could do a Ultramarines and Dark Angels one and include their respective primarch for example).

In that vein I could see an Aeldari box with the Avatar of Khaine in the centre of it, and maybe a new Necron one with the silent king heading it up.

A chaos Knight box is also a good call.

Really, only certainty is there will be marines :laugh:

I think Dark Angels is super highly likely

And a generic marine one, maybe Terminator based

Kroot probably too

As theyre such GW favourites and good sellers Id be surprised if one of SISTERS or Custodes wasnt in there

Edited by Dark Shepherd

For this Christmas, these are my guesses:

1. Space Marine box that could have pretty much anything. 

2. Tau Recon box with a Tau/Kroot mix. Farstalkers and Trail Shaper, Lone Spear, Krootox x2, Stealthsuits, and Piranhas x2. Though if they are named character themed, it could be Darkstrider over the Trail Shaper.

3. Necrons Canoptek Court: Wraiths  x2, Plasmancer, Reanimator, Cryptothralls, Skorpekh Destroyer (because it's from the same sprue set) Doomstalker (or Spyder), Warriors x10. 

4. Aeldari Aspect Warriors: Some amount of all the newer Aspect Warrior kits with a Pheonix Lord. 

5. Tyranids Monsters: Some amount of big bugs, Tyrannofex's Exocrines and the like, or maybe a box featuring the Norn Emissary/Assimilator. 
6. Chaos Deamons: A mix of non-Knorne Daemons since there hans't been a good discount kit for that in a long time and I'm sure they've got old inventory to move. 

Edited by Tawnis