Heresy Thursday - Mechanicum Battle Group

Are you :cuss:ting me GW? Melee weapons, where are they? How many times do you need to promise that they're definitely going to be shown off? My god...

We probably would have gotten them today, if not for the leak.

Which means we already know what the LI section of the Saturday Stream is going to be.

I mean at this point, even if they reveal next week, pre-order the following Saturday, you aren't looking at getting them until the end of October, more realistically I don't think they'll actually be available at this point until mid-November

It's a good thing I haven't been saving a plastic command squad, still in plastic, waiting on these things to finally restart my Iron Warriors

I really love these - very cute and silly, wonderfully not pretty but very cute! 

Screenshot_20240926-161152.thumb.png.cde8f22298f872d3541ea04eb2c55b0d.png

Screenshot_20240926-160933.thumb.png.827a962991be6b9920f5bb56738ca074.png

Also love that the tech thralls are based on the chonkier resin models, not the newer plastics.

Screenshot_20240926-161041.thumb.png.d729dbb6d347298c5f4fa3dbecceb0e3.png

Overall a really nice release, even if it feels like it needs some/much more mechanicum eccentricity.

So guess they couldn't wait till Warhammer day then.

Though I'm guessing that's when we'll see the book that contains the rules.

I hope so too. 

Genuinely surprised they did this as the reveal when there is a LI slot on the Warhammer Day schedule. 

I have to think the book will be revealed on Warhammer Day. Its hard to imagine even more news with this massive boxset just revealed.

What makes this reveal funnier

Posted as part of their roadmap

Leading the charge will be a long sought-after weapons kit, which we’ll be revealing in the coming weeks. Beyond that, 2025 will bring more tanks, and new plastic weapons options for existing walkers for Warhammer: The Horus Heresy.

Its been two weeks and they have already jettisoned their schedule

What makes this reveal funnier

Posted as part of their roadmap

Leading the charge will be a long sought-after weapons kit, which we’ll be revealing in the coming weeks. Beyond that, 2025 will bring more tanks, and new plastic weapons options for existing walkers for Warhammer: The Horus Heresy.

Its been two weeks and they have already jettisoned their schedule

Being in a job of nitpicking, there's no subterfuge there. They didn't explicitly say that they'd be previewed at all or first. They simply said they'd be the first horus heresy release. So far, GW is 1-0 on the "whell ahcktually" board.

Being in a job of nitpicking, there's no subterfuge there. They didn't explicitly say that they'd be previewed at all or first. They simply said they'd be the first horus heresy release. So far, GW is 1-0 on the "whell ahcktually" board.

Plus wasn't that specifically talking about 28mm hh anyway? LI was barely mentioned 

Are you :cuss:ting me GW? Melee weapons, where are they? How many times do you need to promise that they're definitely going to be shown off? My god...

I mean… if it makes you feel better, I have like 3 packs of the old Mk. II / Mk. III melee weapons just sitting in a box somewhere, not being used. Just… hanging around. 

Aren’t those still available or were they discontinued?

First Heresy Thursday for months and it's a wash. GW are utterly insufferable. Release any of the mountain of stuff Space Marines are waiting for. 

I take it you won’t be playing Adeptus Mechanicum in 8mm then?

First Heresy Thursday for months and it's a wash. GW are utterly insufferable. Release any of the mountain of stuff Space Marines are waiting for. 

Can't we just enjoy continued releases for the Horus Heresy setting? It's a sign of more to come and another base faction that deserves a release. All of the complaints in threads about not getting the toy of your choice are embarrassing. Signed a 28mm Salamander and Iron Warrior player.

The models look great, I'm pleasantly surprised by the use of the Forge World versions over the recent plastic. I hope we get to see a few tanks and potentially an aircraft model revealed on Warhammer day, to give the range some depth initially. 

Edited by Schrödingers Primarch