Heresy Thursday - Mechanicum Battle Group

It's not entitlement it's frustration. They could have let HH 2.0 have a full edition to itself before launching a spin off. There are plenty of things for SA and Mech they could have done. Not too mention the huge amount of plastic releases Space Marines are still waiting for it. 

We don't even have the melee weapons yet. Not every Legion even has resin Praetors yet. 

They could and should have focused on fully supporting HH and left LI for a year or two because for, while not for everyone I accept, for a lot of people it's hugely frustrating to see LI get stuff before the proper HH game gets things. 

Perhaps if we view Legions Imperialis (and Adeptus Titanicus) as an add-on to Horus Heresy like it’s supposed to be, it won’t hurt as much. Because that’s what LI is supposed to be: a supplement to play Horus Heresy at a larger scale and, if you so choose, help create a more immersive campaign environment. Just like Zone Mortalis was for HHv1 (is it still?) and hopefully BFG 30K will be when it’s eventually someday hopefully released. Hopefully. 

Edit: removed the v1.0 vs v2.0 rhetoric. That’s a rabbit hole we don’t need to fall into. 

Edited by DuskRaider

It's not entitlement it's frustration. They could have let HH 2.0 have a full edition to itself before launching a spin off. There are plenty of things for SA and Mech they could have done. Not too mention the huge amount of plastic releases Space Marines are still waiting for it. 

We don't even have the melee weapons yet. Not every Legion even has resin Praetors yet. 

They could and should have focused on fully supporting HH and left LI for a year or two because for, while not for everyone I accept, for a lot of people it's hugely frustrating to see LI get stuff before the proper HH game gets things. 

Heresy has been going for 12 years, it's had a full edition to itself... LI won't be having too much impact on heresy main releases - 40k and AoS are.

2.0 has had a crazy amount of plastic releases in a relatively short space of time, yes cc weapons would be good but I can merrily play without. 

You're asserting a lot of opinions as fact there too. I'm not fussed that LI is getting releases. To be fair a launch box gets the ad mech players a lot of mileage so why would anyone begrudge them that? Granted there are some legions in 28mm that are left wanting, but that's not LI players fault nor should they be punished accordingly.

I'm excited for the Mechanicum release for LI. I've been a long time player of AT and think it would be great to mix in some Mechanicum units as well. 

I'm a little perplexed about the sprue layout given the publicity shots. Does this mean that everything is on one sprue is this a splash release of one box with all the different sets in?

Having said that this set looks great for a starting point but I do hope that we will get Ordinartus models (minoris and majoris) I think a multi part kit with the different options would be great in plastic. 

Cheers 

Vogon 

I'm excited for the Mechanicum release for LI. I've been a long time player of AT and think it would be great to mix in some Mechanicum units as well. 

I'm a little perplexed about the sprue layout given the publicity shots. Does this mean that everything is on one sprue is this a splash release of one box with all the different sets in?

Having said that this set looks great for a starting point but I do hope that we will get Ordinartus models (minoris and majoris) I think a multi part kit with the different options would be great in plastic. 

Cheers 

Vogon 

Given it's the mech equivalent of this or this, we can assume its the same-ish number of smaller boxes at a discount - at the usual "while stocks last" approach :)

99122601018_LILegionsAstartesBattleGroup01.jpg.f412f05b4d4ec04202e4656ded702285.jpg

99122601018_LILegionsAstartesBattleGroup08.jpg.c907d319dc7e52787f71f686257b1466.jpg

99122605013_LIAuxiliaBattleGroup01.jpg.badec1350bf9139a0639d64cffebbc8c.jpg

99122605013_LIAuxiliaBattleGroup09.jpg.712b5e48e0221053644d5dca50ab1b30.jpg

li_mechanicumbox-sep26-image1-1727359165.thumb.jpg.a9fc7e9c2bf2e3ab20fa516fbd37c19c.jpg

It looks peerie bit thinner, but overall a similar amount of models, and the four triaros and thanatars will be rather big. Indeed, all the big automata look bigger than their marine equivalents.

but I guess there are four or five normal boxes of minis in this big box (a core taghmata infantry box of two repeated sprues, a support box of two repeated sprues, the triaros box, the thanatar box). 

Given it's the mech equivalent of this or this, we can assume its the same-ish number of smaller boxes at a discount - at the usual "while stocks last" approach :)

99122601018_LILegionsAstartesBattleGroup01.jpg.f412f05b4d4ec04202e4656ded702285.jpg

99122601018_LILegionsAstartesBattleGroup08.jpg.c907d319dc7e52787f71f686257b1466.jpg

99122605013_LIAuxiliaBattleGroup01.jpg.badec1350bf9139a0639d64cffebbc8c.jpg

99122605013_LIAuxiliaBattleGroup09.jpg.712b5e48e0221053644d5dca50ab1b30.jpg

li_mechanicumbox-sep26-image1-1727359165.thumb.jpg.a9fc7e9c2bf2e3ab20fa516fbd37c19c.jpg

It looks peerie bit thinner, but overall a similar amount of models, and the four triaros and thanatars will be rather big. Indeed, all the big automata look bigger than their marine equivalents.

but I guess there are four or five normal boxes of minis in this big box (a core taghmata infantry box of two repeated sprues, a support box of two repeated sprues, the triaros box, the thanatar box). 

That makes sense. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Cheers 

Vogon 

I'm fairly sure that's four kits: people, robots, thanatars and triarios. I'm not totally sure what's on the people sprue and what's on the robot one.

For anyone interested in speculation on sprue layout specifics, there's a discussion thread here in the Legions Imperialis subforum. :)

More generally, I'm sorry for anyone disappointed that Heresy Thursday isn't 40k-scale specific. I'm pleased to see new factions emerging for Legions Imperialis, which will enrich the experience, bring in new players, and let Mechanicum collectors for Age of Darkness come play in Epic scale. 

The models themselves are lovely; very faithful downscaling and retaining a lot of character. It'll be nice to see what else emerges for this faction, and hopefully we'll also see things going the other way, with stuff introduced in LI emerging in 40k-scale AoD.

Edited by apologist