Pariah Nexus - Cleanse Mission

This came up whilst I was playing a game last week. Admittedly I'm new to this particular mission deck and my opponent was extremely gracious and charitable, but never the less it'd be good to know moving forward what's correct. 

Can you cleanse the same objective more that once per game? I couldn't see anything in the card that said you couldn't?

Screenshot_20240917_134754_Samsung Notes.jpg

If you take it as your fixed, absolutely.

If you're playing Tactical Missions (IE, drawing cards every time its your command phase), then you'd only score it once before the card is used and therefore gone.

Taking it as a Fixed Missions seems real ballsy, in my opinion, as you have to not use the unit to shoot, and the unit has to survive and you have to control the objective.  So trying to do that on two objectives EVERY TURN for 4 points doesn't really seem like a long term feasible plan, unless you've got a real good horde army, or have enough screening.

Edit; Also, to remember in Pariah, Actions work differently, so that also throws another wrench in by deciding what units can and can't do actions, so that's another layer.

I wouldn't suggest playing Cleanse as one of your fixed objectives, but I bet there are for sure some armies and army compositions that could do wonders with it, with things like deep striking into backlines or onto empty but relatively safe midfield objectives.  If you got a mission rule that also made MORE objectives (I'm not sure if Pariah Nexus has those, I haven't played much with that mission deck yet), it might also work there.

Edited by DemonGSides

That's really helpful, thank you. 

I was playing fixed because it was my first game back in about 6 months due to baby being born, and I couldn't find the mission decks in store anywhere! (Found one now)

I have to say, I don't think Pariah Nexus really rewards players for taking fixed!

It's army and composition dependent. Also if you know the opponent; if I'm going into Monster Mash Nids, I'm gonna be looking at Bring It Down or something of the like.

I think mission design in 10th has been pretty strong. Not every mission should be accomplishable by all armies at all times, which will help influence army construction and matchup decisions.

That being said, so far I've only ever played Tactical. I like the flexibility and the randomness, makes games more interesting. Fixed feels almost a little too competitive leaning, even tho most competitive armies are also playing tactical, unless they have a reason to ( I know Eldar armies were playing fixed for a time, and so were deep strike heavy armies).

Edit: there's some good online resources for the mission, specifically I like the app Tabletop Battles as they give you a lot of flexibility and information about the missions and stuff. Very helpful to organize scoring as well. 

Edited by DemonGSides

Playing Fixed is pretty difficult- you have to either have an extremely mobile army with lots of action-able units to do stuff like Engage/Cleanse/whatnot, or you have to have an enemy that plays well into stuff like Bring it Down (Knights/Monster Nids). Usually Tactical will be better overall even if you aren't drawing great secondaries, simply because they are easier to score in general.