=][= FRATER NOVUS - CHAOS ON THE B&C!!! =][=

"RIP AND TEAR YOUR WEBSITE! YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE A HUGE WEBSITE! RIP AND TEAR!"

Now we have that nonsense out the way, this seems like a good idea, even if the circumstances for its necessity are unfortunate. Hopefully the Sacristans can please the machine spirits and get everything working again. In the meantime I shall enjoy being a Frater Doomus!

Is it possible to manually do Italics, Underlines, Bold or Strikethroughs in the same way you can manually add a spoiler box

like this?

Yes, some of the BBCodes still work, though I haven't gone through them to figure out which ones. Let's test a few...

bold

[b]bold][/b]

italics

[i]italics[/i]

strikethrough

[s]strikethrough[/s]

underline

[u]underline[/u]

I'll test more out.

Edited by Brother Tyler

Okay, so after an exhaustive search of the site settings I couldn't find anything affecting the ability of the + FRATER DOOMUS + group to see the formatting toolbar. :wallbash: The two alternatives that we can think of are that the ongoing UI problems since the most recent software update are the culprit or we would need to restart the server (not as catastrophic as it sounds).

I found a different solution. We had an old user group that hasn't been used for a while and which is no longer necessary, and members of that group can see the formatting toolbar. So I turned that group into the new + FRATER DOMUS + group (after renaming the existing + FRATER DOMUS + group + FRATER NOVUS +). I then told the system to move everyone from the + FRATER DOOMUS + group into the (new) + FRATER DOMUS + group. About 8,000 members were moved when I checked a few minutes ago, only 40,000+ to go. A little over 3,000 members remain in the + FRATER NOVUS + group, either members with 0 posts or new members with fewer than 5 approved contents. Members of that group must have their content reviewed and approved by a staff member before it will be published, but once they have 5 approved contents, they should be automatically promoted into the + FRATER DOMUS + group and have full permissions.

I'll have to go through everything tomorrow (Friday) to ensure that all permissions and settings are correct, including the automatic promotion rule for the + FRATER NOVUS + group.

Once all members are out of the + FRATER DOOMUS + group, I'll delete it.

If you don't see the formatting toolbar when composing content, please let us know in the existing topic in the Bug Reports forum.

I hope you have enjoyed your DOOOOOOOOOOM :ph34r:

I can see the formating bar again :thanks:

However it has a lighting shaped button that dose the following two things (but into quote boxes for demonstration purposes):

Welcome to the Bolter & Chainsword community!

and 

This content will be temporarily locked while the staff discuss the problematic behavior and determine whether or not there is value in unlocking the content.

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

I am sure you will get the gremlins eventually.

Edited by Trokair
Edit, quote box acting up

I'm still in the doomus group.

Also when posting i did not get the toolbar 

I'm on a oppo android phone atm.

I've told the system do perform a mass move of all members in the +FRATER DOOMUS + group (who still can't see the formatting toolbar) into the [new] + FRATER DOMUS + group (who can). It will take some time.

I can see the formating bar again :thanks:

However it has a lighting shaped button that dose the following two things (but into quote boxes for demonstration purposes):

and 

I am sure you will get the gremlins eventually.

I've taken care of the automatic reply button. Some of these problems were due to the system, but most were my fault. I'll have to spend a little time in the pain glove once this is all over.:facepalm:

Annoyingly, it appears that every time I tell the system to do a mass move of members, instead of moving every such member, the system only moves a limited number and then quits. This means that I have to then go in and repeat the action. It's still a lot faster than going through and manually moving the bulk of the site's members one at a time, but it's slower than [I think] it should be. So I tell the system to move people, shift over to other things, come back to see that people have been shifted, and then repeat the process all over again. We're down to fewer than 1,000 members in the + FRATER DOOMUS + group, so the effort will be completed soon.

I cannot believe I slept through having Mod access.

Count yourselves blessed... ;)

I'm pretty sure my blood pressure shot through the roof upon seeing that I'd goofed, and stayed there until I was sure that I had fixed everything (not quite an hour). :wallbash:

A moment's silence for the rank of Frater Doomus. Taken from us too soon(us).

If you want, I can put you back in that group and you can format your content via the BBCodes and enter your emojis manually. :devil:

By the Emperor's leathery backside, it is [almost] done.

Every time I told the system to mass move members, it moved fewer and fewer members. The first few times, it moved a couple thousand at a time. As the number of + FRATER DOOMUS + members became fewer and fewer, the system moved fewer members. I figured when it got down to 250 it would move all of them, but it decided to move only a little over 100. I figured it would surely move all of them, at which point it decided to move only 50 or so. I figured surely it would move the 51 remaining members. Nope, it left 2. so I told it to move all of them and it left me with 1. Not wanting to chance it, I moved that member manually.

There are now 0, I repeat - 0 - members of the + FRATER DOOMUS + group.

I've left the group, just in case @Evil Eye wants to keep doing things the hard way. :wink:

I'll probably delete the + FRATER DOOMUS + group later today.

There are 3,206 members in the + FRATER NOVUS + group, however, and I need to move most of those over to the (new) + FRATER DOMUS + group. I'll start with those that have obviously participated (e.g., those with avatars other than the first letter of their display name). There are only a couple of truly new accounts in that group. Most of the rest are inactive, however, so there is a low urgency to this effort. If you are in that group, however, feel free to send me a PM and I'll take care of you.

It is finished!

The only members that remain in the + FRATER NOVUS + group are those that haven't been approved (because they haven't responded to the email that the system automatically sends upon registration of the account). I ended up deleting all such accounts from June and earlier, as well as a few of the recent ones that followed the spammer/spambot patterns. I re-sent the validation emails to some of the others (and will send another email out to all of them later, approving those that respond in the affirmative, deleting those that are rejected, and leaving those for which there is no sort of response).

The + FRATER NOVUS + review/approval process and automatic promotion rule have functioned successfully.

All other non-staff/Cedo/Excommunicatus members are in the (new) + FRATER DOMUS + group and the permissions have been validated.

The + FRATER DOOMUS + group has been deleted (RIP).

Any members that had 1+ posts when I was moving people around were put in the + FRATER DOMUS + group. The only people in the + FRATER NOVUS + group were unvalidated accounts and accounts created after the moves were finished.

The spammer has been sent to the void.