=][= MAKE YOUR MARK ON THE BOLTER & CHAINSWORD =][=

How would you like to see your work featured at the top of the site?

We want to feature the contributions of our members in the site banner rotation. Our goal is to have a "banner of the month" with each selected banner sitting in the rotation for 2 months.

Banner submissions must meet the following criteria:

• 1,098 pixels wide by 182 pixels high
  • .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, or .png format (animated .gifs are allowed)
  • "B&C" or "Bolter & Chainsword" or "Bolter and Chainsword" must be clearly visible in image, but doesn't need to dominate the image
  • Banner content must meet site suitability requirements (e.g., relevant to the Warhammer 40,000 setting, no off-topic imagery/messaging, etc.)
  • You must have the rights/licensing to use any fonts and imagery in the banner (non-commercial)
  • All imagery must be created by you - no poaching imagery from the Internet or AI-generated imagery
  • Fonts used in banner do not have to match our normal fonts

large.SiteBannerDimensions.jpeg.ada34081

How do you submit a banner image?

1. Upload the image to the Site Banner Submissions album in the gallery
  2. Post a reply here that includes the image and, if you have one, the URL to your blog
  3. Pray to the Emperor and the Primarchs and all the Saints of the Imperium (or the Dark Powers, if you prefer)

Staff members will review each banner submission to ensure that each meets the criteria. Banners that meet all of the criteria will join the pool of eligible banners for selection. Banners that fail to meet any of the criteria will be rejected, but we will notify the member of the issues so that they can make adjustments and re-submit.

How will banners be selected?

Well, we're going to change things up each month. Sometimes banners will be selected by the members via a poll. Sometimes the staff will select the banner. Sometimes the Administratum members will select the banner. Sometimes we might allow the members of a Club to select the banner. Ideally selection will be limited to members of the staff less than half the time - we really want these banners to be selected by the members for the members (the staff are members, too, but I prefer a more democratic process).

We may also focus on themes, especially when a certain game or faction will be the focus of a major new release during the month. For example, if the Imperial Fists are announced to have a major new release, we might choose banners featuring the Imperial Fists as those eligible for the month of or immediately after the release (as long as the winning banner for the previous month didn't feature the Imperial Fists).

We also want to keep things varied, with banners in different styles, with different subjects and different color palettes. If a member's banner is selected one month, none of their other banner submissions will be eligible in the following two months (we have to give everyone a chance to win).

Selected banners will run in the rotation for 2 months and will link to the submitting member's blog, if they have one. We may also allow links to other locations at the B&C, such as clubs or project discussions. In addition, members may earn badges. While we haven't identified a progression, we'll probably follow the normal green-blue-bronze-silver-gold progression. And, of course, there are the bragging rights and the pride in having your work featured prominently at the top of the site.

We'll plan for the first member-submitted banner to be selected for rotation starting in November, 2024, giving everyone about a month to create banners.

This post will be updated with the most current guidance.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to submit any banners, please reply in this discussion.

What a great idea.

I'd been toying with the idea of a banner / background image for my profile and maybe using it for a blog in the B&C.

It is outside 'my wheelhouse' to use current parlance but I might be able to cobble something together with some time and access to my laptop.