How to sculpt battle damage on a 3d resin model

I recently was gifted a 3d printed rhino transport. I was going to turn it into terrain by making it a bombed out hull of a rhino. But I'm not sure how to sculpt it to make the model convincingly look like it's taken a fatal barrage. I was hoping to appeal to the community here for advice on how to make the Rhino look appropriately bombed out. 

IMG_20241001_095158.jpg

IMG_20241001_095154.jpg

The best thing to do is to scour the internet for reference pictures of bombed out/ destroyed AFV (armoured fighting vehicles). You may have to get creative sculpting bent and impacted panels. The paint scheme needs some consideration too; has it been recently destroyed, if so there will still be identifiable colours but with charing etc., or is it an old wreck which has turned rusty and the paint has deteriorated. I follow a modeller called Nightshift on Youtube who has done various "weathered" vehicles, which may be worth a look for you.

Look forward to seeing the end result.

One of the pieces of advice I was given was use the terrain to tell a story, which way did the fire come from? what caused the damage and how did it affect the piece in question.

Because it's a 3d printed model you may have to take extra care in applying damage, prints tend to have clean edge breaks, so making it look like battle damage will probably require some sanding and filing, which means wear a mask unless you wanna breath in toxic particulates that'll do a number on your lungs.