New BA transfer sheet (2024)

Rhavien

Some of these will make 2nd edition Blood Angels a bit easier to do. The red Chapter icon hasn't been seen before (that I'm aware of) and would fit the 2nd edition Sergeant banners. On these previously, I've had to use white ones then paint them red.

The yellow circle with black Chapter icon matches the decal on the front of the old metal Dreadnought which I like.

If this is now our main transfer sheet, I'm surprised there isn't any squad markings that go on the knees. I've got enough from older transfer sheets, but it's not ideal for someone starting out with Blood Angels.

I was also hoping for a decal that can be used with the Sanguinor's right pad. In pictures we've seen, there is a white chalice that has a halo over the top with a white Blood drop. It now appears the Eavy metal studio painted this on. It isn't the easiest freehand to do and made all the harder that it's white.

I was also hoping for some text just saying "Blood Angels", that could be used on banners, (like what came with the Space Marine Heroes series 2 paint set that had the Terminator Standard that was only released in Japan). The dark angels transfer sheet has plenty of words on theirs and we get none, which I find disappointing.

Some of the new Death Company are shown with white skulls with red blood drops on. These weren't on the Death Company Transfer sheet, so I thought we may get them on this one but haven't. There aren't even any small separate red blood drops to layer them up to do this yourself on either of the new sheets.

There is some nice bits on here but it seems like a lot has been missed.

Thanks brothers! Taking the size of the Librarius decal into account I would say Redemptor Librarian Dreadnought confirmed :laugh:

I didn't notice the missing squad markings though! That's unfortunate to say at least. 

What other examples of it have you seen? It seems weird to me, more like a chaos icon than the standard librarian horned (human) skull.

Sure, there's this old banner;

RDT_20241001_1511198863333373392026321.thumb.jpg.d2f266ab348d48fbe72358a6a1108dc3.jpg

Top right specifically.

There's also a very similar symbol in the 9th ed codex attached to a blurb about the death company.

I don't know if we have a definitive idea of what it is, but to me it screams Librarius.