New expansion: The Rise of the Dark Mechanicum

14 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

This is pretty much a guarantee Secutarii will be coming which begs the question, what else would they put on that sprue? The other options are all covered in the other Mechanicum boxes. It will be an interesting preview of what’s coming down the pipe. 

In the meantime it’ll be a blast to recreate the old Legio Gryphonicus Lore of their inducted Cybernetica and the Secutarii they were known for fighting with. 

I suppose they could throw them on a sprue with plastic armigers as a Knight and Titan support box?

Edited by Matrindur

I had thought Armigers as well since there isn’t going to be a sprue to introduce them on anytime soon unless they come with Skitarii or Secutarii. If they are leviathan sized one sprue would net you more armigers than you would ever need. Seems unlikely unless there is something like the Support Boxes coming with new units we’ve never seen before. 

Edit: thinking about it, a lot of the issues with titans getting swarmed could be fixed with a robust and expanded Secutarii box

Edited by Marshal Rohr

I'd assume Secutarii would be usable in a non-titan/Knight based Mechanicum army tho, right?

You could have both Secutarii Peltasts, Secutarii Hoplites plus some kind of Secutarii "Command" base like SA have, but then you still don't quite have enough stuff.

I guess you could just have Skitarii as an option too, but "normal" Skitarii aren't usable in 30k.

You could make up an additional "auxiliary/support" base by giving Secutarii access to the big Arquebus the 40k Skitarii have, and possibly dive into the old lore and recanonise the old "Big Skitarii" design from before AdMech got a range as a new 30k specific type of Skitarii.

4 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I'd assume Secutarii would be usable in a non-titan/Knight based Mechanicum army tho, right?

You could have both Secutarii Peltasts, Secutarii Hoplites plus some kind of Secutarii "Command" base like SA have, but then you still don't quite have enough stuff.

I guess you could just have Skitarii as an option too, but "normal" Skitarii aren't usable in 30k.

You could make up an additional "auxiliary/support" base by giving Secutarii access to the big Arquebus the 40k Skitarii have, and possibly dive into the old lore and recanonise the old "Big Skitarii" design from before AdMech got a range as a new 30k specific type of Skitarii.

Unless I missed something the two Secutarii variants and their HQ are only part of the Titan Legions in 28mm HH, not the main Mechanicum list.

For these units the Liber says: 

These units may not be selected as part of any other Force Organisation chart or Detachment besides a Lords of War Detachment in a Crusade Force Organisation chart or Titan Maniple Detachment.

And since a normal Lords of War Detachment can't take troops which the Secutarii are they can only be taken in a Titan Maniple Detachment.

You can use the Titan Maniple Detachment without an actual Titan as it only requires a Lords of War or a Troops choice so there is at least a way to get Secutarii in your Mechanicum.

But to me that just seems like a way to not invalidate existing collections and Secutarii are intended to be the exclusive Titan guard.

And since LI wouldn't have the problem of existing collections I wouldn't be surprised if Secutarii are locked into Titan detachments. Maybe still usable with Mechanicum via Titan allies and just not taking a Titan if they change up that system but just as likely an exclusive Troops choice for Titan only armies

Edited by Matrindur