Show Me Your Jetbikes - Potential 2024 Aeldari Army

Wormwoods

I'm in the early stages of thinking through my 2025 army project, and am finding myself more and more attracted to something Aeldari, and in particular someone with a whole lot of Jetbikes. 

Thing is, I'm not sure exactly what sort of scheme I would want to do, nor the exact mix of high-speed units I would include. So! I'm after some input. Noble Asuryani, what do you like in an Eldar bike army? How do you paint your bikes? Show me your best, so that I may soak up inspiration like so many souls for She Who Thir-

I mean.

Not that. Normal reasons. 

Show me your Jetbikes, please.

I haven't finished the Jetbike section of my army, not by a long shot since I have a jetbike Seer Council, some Shining Spears, the fancy Ranger bikes and some Vypers to go. I haven't been ambitious enough to paint any runes on the canopies yet and I might not get round to it but I'm leaving it as an option.

I can't exactly show you a sensible army list or anything but here's some (hopefully) neat pictures to (hopefully) offer some inspiration.

large.1675786572239.jpg.12b0290ba9807fd7aa0219829d9af3c8.jpglarge.1675786572243.jpg.e1384b78154c98a6bdab2e5646a109e3.jpglarge.1675786572235.jpg.c538645df06ae3ec8ddef63f6d5bf9d8.jpglarge.Windies1.jpg.b0f8f807404b4cb79d66fef9040f4a98.jpglarge.1700396895676.jpg.127132ded289095a303d0cc7de169f34.jpglarge.1700396895665.jpg.96ea591c578c5614d2a4e859451e5df2.jpg

Both lovely, and nice to see I'm not the only one considering a darker colour pallette. 

How interchangeable are the various bike kits? Riders and mounts, is it viable to be swapping bits around between the character and non-character models, or does that require a bit of cutting and sanding? I know some of the kits are a bit long in the tooth these days, which can introduce some awkwardness when mixing in newer ones.

Some pics of mine, all based on the old boxed set.

ShiningSpears_Exarch2.jpg 

WildRider_BattlerStandard.jpg

large.Skyrunner_Warlock.jpg.0f668b01a08a

P1100700.JPG

I like to invert the colours on leaders, to make them distinctive into the mob. all conversions are, let's say, not really recqnt and are mostly based on cut metal parts from old models. This generation of bikes was not very friendly in respect of kitbashing torsos from other kits: guardians fit bad and require cutting.

I still have to paint some Shroudrunners, which will be the most modern jetbike model I have.

8 hours ago, The Yncarne said:

Those reds are ace. I like the canopy additions. Are they 3D print or part of FW’s corsairs?

These are from old dark elves spearmen kit for WFB. The shield sprue was coming with various items to choose from inc these dragonlike add ons.

Edited by Bouargh

They redid the Shining Spears last year, and the Windrider kit is still pretty good. If anything needs a freshen up it's probably the Vyper. Much like the bikes the design is fine, just needs a more modern pilot sculpt and, probably, tweaked assembly. They've been pretty conservative with the Eldar range refresh over the last few years, nothing really getting redesigned, just remade with modern sculpting and assembly, which is probably for the best. 

Anyway, appreciate everyone showing me their bikes! I've sourced some printed bikes to do test schemes on, and will be post those as I experiment.