1 minute ago, 01RTB01 said:

Any indication what the elite unit may be at this stage please?

After waiting since 1996 and the second Ed chaos codex I'm very excited but financially terrified lol

From the video:

Basic 10 legionnaires are styled like old EC artwork, "plumed helmets, heresy style shoulder pads and bolters".
Noise Marines are 6 per squad, sonic weapons and some other type of weapon.
Elite 3-man swordsman unit fused with daemons, can have double swords.

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

From the video:

Basic 10 legionnaires are styled like old EC artwork, "plumed helmets, heresy style shoulder pads and bolters".
Elite 3-man swordsman unit fused with daemons, can have double swords.

Are we getting noise marines plus the legionnaires? I wonder if the legionnaires are an upgrade kit like the night lords kill team?

23 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Wait, so is this 2 separate units or is this saying that your squad of 10 EC Marines can have 6 of them be Noise Marines?

What makes this most believable is that this would break the cult legion mould of 10-man cult marines as the main staple troop by turning noise marines into a six man squad.

Or maybe they changed it to cult legions now re-including standard legionnaires and for some reason noise marines are a six man kit to mimic the seven man kit of plague marines.

Either way would be some amount of GW buffoonery, but I would vastly prefer noise marines remaining as the staple battleline for EC. Notable is also the lack of a cultist equivalent unit, unless some wires got crossed and the legionnaires are an upgrade kit while the 10-man is a hedonite cultist unit.

7 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Wait, so is this 2 separate units or is this saying that your squad of 10 EC Marines can have 6 of them be Noise Marines?

I watched the vid

10 man legionnaires unit

6 man noise marine unit

2 separate things.

Can't wait to see Dr. Ian Malcolm return to this party.

3 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

You're gonna join TSons and DG in just acquiring the generic Cultist Blob

Let me re-phrase. A 10-man chaff unit like Tzaangors, Poxwalkers, and Jakhals. Then again anything is possible, seeing as WE do not have access to regular cultists.

I always wondered what the heck Fulgrim would look like at this point in the 40K universe. I mean it could really be just about anything. I can't imagine using him as a giant snake/worm. I'm curious what GW does with him.

1 hour ago, Petitioner's City said:

I presume mk6 will be the overall theme?

ef80172e85c4a60f92a212a79d8748d5.thumb.jpg.601482aa0e57c3df8a3936938dde8c2e.jpg

This seems like a safe bet, given that 1) the other god-aligned legions we've seen have been associated with other marks (III for DG, IV for TKSons, V (sort of?) for WE) and 2) recent 30k lore has out-and-out said that EC's favored MK VI at the end of the heresy.

1 hour ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Actually thinking about this more, the Elite 3 Man swordmaster group could be Terminators. 

I they're a Unit of 3, then they're probably closer to the Exalted Eightbound than proper Terminators (in which case EC will probably get Regular Chaos Terminators as an import unit from Base CSM)