Legions Imperialis Krios and Karacnos

13 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Is that one of them off to the left side of the image?

Krios on the far left and in the background on the right, Karacnos on the right in front.

Also does the Krios in the background have a different weapon?

Edited by Matrindur

Just now, vadersson said:

What are those black infantry in front?  Are they just something from the mechanicum box?  My HH mechanicum knowledge is not great.

Adsecularis Tech-Thralls. They look a little out of scale with the Space Marines.

25 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Krios on the far left and in the background on the right, Karacnos on the right in front.

Also does the Krios in the background have a different weapon?

Not stubby enough to be the Venator, so I assume it's the new Irradiator that 28mm received in Martian Civil War (and has yet to be seen on a model). 

I don’t get GW’s reveal strategy. They’ve shown more just randomly in two days via posts than they have in several of the recent, much hyped reveal events.

I think I prefer the little and often method so whatever but I don’t know why they bother with the events and have to deal with the toxic twitch chat.

Also why even bother with the LI roadmap. It wasn’t even accurate in its extreme vagueness!

Sorry for the rant. And to be clear, I’m extremely happy to see these models.

Edited by Burni

52 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Adsecularis Tech-Thralls. They look a little out of scale with the Space Marines.

Definitely out of scale with the Marines. And continue the trend of LI units mimic-ing their resin 28mm counterparts instead of the new plastic version. 

1 hour ago, Arendious said:

Definitely out of scale with the Marines. And continue the trend of LI units mimic-ing their resin 28mm counterparts instead of the new plastic version. 

The picture honestly seems photoshopped, with some of the units placed on the background of the board. Might be they just didn't bother to resize the thralls to account for perspective. 

There’s some interesting stuff in that article there. It seems that the buffs for victory are pretty decent if playing the campaign, and seeing as one is labeled as “River Crossing”, I have to wonder if there will be new terrain of any kind seeing release alongside this new expansion. 

They make mention of more units to be revealed, I have to wonder if it’s the tanks in the background of the aforementioned picture or it’s something else. As has been said, the tanks will be the final elements in releasing (almost) everything that has previously been released for Ad Mech in the past, sans Secutarii unless I’ve missed something. Secutarii would be a good choice and would make a lot of sense considering they’re giving us Legio Titanicus and Questoris Household formations. 

Lastly, we see preview of a single formation. It’s interesting to see what each unit is categorized as by their icon, such as Myrmidon being artillery(I think)? The Stalker Maniple being a Super Heavy choice is also quite interesting and I have to wonder if it gives us some insight into how they’ll see the table in Titanicus, considering a “Maniple” of Heavy Stalkers consists of 6 units.